PDA

View Full Version : Attic...

Arjen Vriezekolk
10-22-2012, 03:00 AM

The start of the Rusty Knight....

gxhpainter2
10-22-2012, 04:42 AM
beautiful illustration with so much detail and richly colored... looks like a place of pure magic... I would love to hang out there..

kaiko
10-22-2012, 05:39 AM
I love the way you draw this cartoon... and the colours are sobers!
(is there a way to learn to draw by memory?.. I presume you just did it with this image, didnīt you?)

Arjen Vriezekolk
10-22-2012, 06:46 AM
I love the way you draw this cartoon... and the colours are sobers!
(is there a way to learn to draw by memory?.. I presume you just did it with this image, didnīt you?)

Hi kaiko,

This a painful question you're asking because for the first time ever I used a photo as a reference...traced the roof infact :-)
Just could'nt get it right so I turned to a photo... left out a part and changed the window to a more farm attic look..

So... You got me there!

Regards,

Arjen

Arjen Vriezekolk
10-22-2012, 06:50 AM
beautiful illustration with so much detail and richly colored... looks like a place of pure magic... I would love to hang out there..

Thank you ghxpainter!

The story of a boy who opens a chest in the attic and finds his greatest treasure ever.... A knight's suit.. (harness is I spell correctly)
And from there on the Rusty Knight is born... pure magic indeed!

Your feedback tells me I'm on the right track!

regards,

Arjen

limey-g
10-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Another wonderful illustration , as I peruse over this one a question comes to mind, as there are so many objects within the attic other than the focal ones for your
story do you have all these items in mind, as there are so many or does the painting just evolve to fill up the space on the canvas. ?
Geoff

D Akey
10-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Very fine work. I really like your palette. And your story telling is brilliant. Well done!

kaiko
10-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Well-done
:)

Arjen Vriezekolk
10-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Another wonderful illustration , as I peruse over this one a question comes to mind, as there are so many objects within the attic other than the focal ones for your
story do you have all these items in mind, as there are so many or does the painting just evolve to fill up the space on the canvas. ?
Geoff

Hi Limey-g,

the text is about an old attic packed with years of collected stuff.
So it contains items mentioned that I have to draw... initialy I forgot the pram.....Got smacked around the ears for that and had to ad it. :-)
But you are right.... normaly I just start drawing and the picture evolves piece by piece.... I do try to keep the composition in mind though...
but if I change perspective then I can't draw as many items as i did now.

Yours,

Arjen

Arjen Vriezekolk
10-22-2012, 09:37 PM
I am impressed by your line art in this piece. It reminds me of André Franquin's line art that I love very much. You seem to work in his great style and tradition.

Hi M.aster,

Thank you for the compliment.. franquin is one of the greatest!
The illustrator that I'm influenced by the most is Janry....But it still is my own style of drawing...
But being compared with a childhood heroe is a big compliment on a monday morning!

Yours,

Arjen

Caesar
10-23-2012, 01:56 AM
Everything look harmonic, well-tended and professional in this illustration. I hope the relevant story and comix will be soon issued in Italy too!

Arjen Vriezekolk
10-23-2012, 02:13 AM
Everything look harmonic, well-tended and professional in this illustration. I hope the relevant story and comix will be soon issued in Italy too!

Hi Ceasar,

That would be a nice option..... If there could be someone who could translate from dutch to italian?!
Working on an English and german translation over the next months also.

Regards,

Arjen

coops
10-25-2012, 01:16 AM
What a wonderful painting full of magic and suprises. I keep looking around the attic and seeing more and more. Love it:)

Arjen Vriezekolk
10-25-2012, 06:27 AM
Finished.....

Spend another few hours fiddling with the illustration... But I'm moderate happy with the results :-)70866

Evil Robot
10-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Hey great image amazing all the detail you've got in there;) I like the effect you've got bouncing off of the mirror. It seems like the light is just a little too crisp. Just a little blurring and defusing the light a bit seems like it would add a great deal to the effect you're going for.

limey-g
10-25-2012, 06:43 AM
I agree on the beams of light being too sharp and I guess it does not matter in a book but because the window is at the end one could not get those beams to strike where you have them.:D ( angle of reflection )
Geoff

Arjen Vriezekolk
10-25-2012, 07:13 AM
I agree on the beams of light being too sharp and I guess it does not matter in a book but because the window is at the end one could not get those beams to strike where you have them.:D ( angle of reflection )
Geoff

Thank you Limey-g and evil robot for your feedback!!
Will redo the beams....And think that the outcome will improve the illustration as you both suggest!

Regards,

Arjen

kenmo
10-26-2012, 03:27 AM
A beautiful illustration... Love this image!!!!

Arjen Vriezekolk
12-05-2012, 08:20 AM

The start of the Rusty Knight....

So.... I just finished translating the first chapter to english...In my novice way so full of grammatical errors and sometimes completely missing the point....But I'm an illustrator,not an translator....sigh
But Anyone have an idea how to bring the text to you lovely people whom always giving me so much friendly feedback and encouragement to coninue posting?
I have the text in a Word file and since this is a forum for artwork I'm not sure how to make the text public...Just very curious if my artwork meets the expectations towards the text...

Any Ideas?

Regards,

Arjen vriezekolk

Caesar
12-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Hard to believe, but You further improved the illustration with the second version.
To show a Word text as an attachment to this Forum, I may only suggest You a very rudimentary way to proceed. You take the Word text in Powerpoint box (or similar), save the object as an image and finally post it ...