PDA

View Full Version : October Floods

gxhpainter2
10-21-2012, 08:20 AM
October in Oregon is a month of oranges, scarlet's and flooding rains...

limey-g
10-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Nicely done Gary love the fall colours you have used.

Geoff

sabena
10-21-2012, 10:28 AM
very good work with color:rolleyes:

pat1940
10-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi Gary, like this a lot, very nice colors, you get the rain Vancouver Canada gets, that where my daughter and 2 sons live, rain, rain go away lol:)

gxhpainter2
10-22-2012, 04:39 AM
very good work with color:rolleyes: sabena..thanks I was thinking of the rich color in the leaves right now..

Hi Gary, like this a lot, very nice colors, you get the rain Vancouver Canada gets, that where my daughter and 2 sons live, rain, rain go away lol:) Pat well I am in Central Oregon which is more desert so we get 6-8 inches a year but lots of snow in the mountains.... Vancouver can get that in a few days....but I am near enough to drive over to the coast and coast mountains and the jungle there.

D Akey
10-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Instead of calling this a natural disaster, I prefer to call it 'Punchy'. . .

Very aggressive work.

silvy
10-23-2012, 05:44 AM
Love this one:D:D
A dashing autumn

Marilyn Anne
10-23-2012, 06:15 AM
You get so many unique effects that I have to look at and admire . There is such freedom and joy in it!

gxhpainter2
10-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Instead of calling this a natural disaster, I prefer to call it 'Punchy'. . .

Very aggressive work. Thanks I guess...:confused: I have never had a painting called aggressive or Punchy...but I think you are saying it has bold colors and sharp contrasts that give it those qualities in a good way..:):) I will admit that the orange point against black is a Halloween effect..:rolleyes:...

Love this one:D:D
A dashing autumn Thanks Silvy so happy you like the dashing color combinations..

D Akey
10-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks I guess...:confused: I have never had a painting called aggressive or Punchy...but I think you are saying it has bold colors and sharp contrasts that give it those qualities in a good way..:):) I will admit that the orange point against black is a Halloween effect..:rolleyes:...

Yup. That's what I meant. Contrast with sharp-ish transitions, bold shape, intensity of color. Bangs it home very abruptly, as opposed to lots of soft transitions and a focus on an overall harmonious aspect rather than the individual elements making their presence known individually.

Also the title of a flood tends to put an edge to an interpretation owing to the context, a meaning that implies an intrusion by more water than the area can handle comfortably, often times requiring to some extent potentially desperate measures be taken to preserve life and property, depending on the danger.

All cool either way, just what it appears like based on what and how you put into it, to me anyway.

gxhpainter2
10-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Yup. That's what I meant. Contrast with sharp-ish transitions, bold shape, intensity of color. Bangs it home very abruptly, as opposed to lots of soft transitions and a focus on an overall harmonious aspect rather than the individual elements making their presence known individually.

Also the title of a flood tends to put an edge to an interpretation owing to the context, a meaning that implies an intrusion by more water than the area can handle comfortably, often times requiring to some extent potentially desperate measures be taken to preserve life and property, depending on the danger.

All cool either way, just what it appears like based on what and how you put into it, to me anyway. DAkey...thanks for your elaboration...we understand each other's intent exactly....that is always a plus for an artist..the painted or written view of things..:):):cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
10-23-2012, 09:38 PM
... and Your butterflies net did capture those marvellous colors and feelings indeed!