PDA

View Full Version : Pretty woman

limey-g
10-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Just a pretty lady, chalk, air brush and knife.
Geoff

copespeak
10-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Totally convincing and beautifully painted!

gxhpainter2
10-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Geoff.. really one of your best.!!..the details and color and soft chalk like background are richly painted.. excellent!

pat1940
10-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Geoff, another beauty, those eyes are fantastic, wonderful job

limey-g
10-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Totally convincing and beautifully painted!
Thanks for you kind words much appreciated
Geoff

limey-g
10-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Geoff.. really one of your best.!!..the details and color and soft chalk like background are richly painted.. excellent!
Thanks Gary glad you like it.
Geoff

limey-g
10-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Geoff, another beauty, those eyes are fantastic, wonderful job
Thanks Pat , glad you liked the eyes , nothing comes easy for me and I spent a complete morning working on just one eye, I do get such pleasure from playing.
Geoff

Tonyjazz
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Great portrait. What knocks me out is your use of the BG and those earings. Really adds a LOT to this artwork. Well done !!

Caesar
10-15-2012, 09:19 PM
... just another marvel of Yours ... Great!

semd74
10-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Amazing !! At first I thought this was a photo

limey-g
10-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Great portrait. What knocks me out is your use of the BG and those earings. Really adds a LOT to this artwork. Well done !!
Thanks Tony, i chose the background colour to balance off the earrings , glad it had the desired effect.

... just another marvel of Yours ... Great!
Thanks Caesar, I know like myself you appreciate a pretty lady.

Amazing !! At first I thought this was a photo
Thanks for that, this is just my style although I think a photo would save me many days work, but not half the fun.:)
Geoff

coops
10-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Beautiful painting and love the work on the ear-ring. Well done once again:)

limey-g
10-16-2012, 02:25 AM
Beautiful painting and love the work on the ear-ring. Well done once again:)

Thanks Katie for taking a look and your kind words.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
10-16-2012, 03:37 AM
geoff... now that so many have mentioned it the earring is really well done and I think it adds balance and interest to whole piece. without it I don't think it would have been such a nice work, although of course the woman is excellent and quite beautiful.. another area I think you did well on besides the eyes is the delicate hairline along the side of her face...so many great details... it was fun to see it enlarged to study just how you did them..:):)

limey-g
10-16-2012, 08:10 AM
geoff... now that so many have mentioned it the earring is really well done and I think it adds balance and interest to whole piece. without it I don't think it would have been such a nice work, although of course the woman is excellent and quite beautiful.. another area I think you did well on besides the eyes is the delicate hairline along the side of her face...so many great details... it was fun to see it enlarged to study just how you did them..:):)

Thanks for that, I think I am getting a little better at doing hair, but don't look too close;)
Geoff

damasocl
10-16-2012, 09:47 AM
limey-g: a real wonderful painting!!!!;););)

suffolkgal
10-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Really well done, lots of good things going on and very realistic :)

Ali

D Akey
10-18-2012, 07:12 AM
She definitely looks kissable. Very beautiful woman. I would recommend as far as details, that you don't end her eyebrow so abruptly and have it taper/fade out a little. Also the hair right in front of the ear, you might want to have a few little wispy faint hairs, again with an eye to being both a little more natural as well as a gentler transition between hair and skin. Not all shapes are complete all around. Sometimes it's good to blend edges a little, in one way or another. You have done it nicely in many areas already. But this is a seriously beautiful woman and a very nice portrait.

limey-g
10-18-2012, 08:37 AM
limey-g: a real wonderful painting!!!!;););)

Thanks so much for your comment.
Geoff

limey-g
10-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Really well done, lots of good things going on and very realistic :)

Ali
Thanks glad you liked my efforts
Geoff

limey-g
10-18-2012, 08:40 AM
She definitely looks kissable. Very beautiful woman. I would recommend as far as details, that you don't end her eyebrow so abruptly and have it taper/fade out a little. Also the hair right in front of the ear, you might want to have a few little wispy faint hairs, again with an eye to being both a little more natural as well as a gentler transition between hair and skin. Not all shapes are complete all around. Sometimes it's good to blend edges a little, in one way or another. You have done it nicely in many areas already. But this is a seriously beautiful woman and a very nice portrait.

Thanks for your very constructive comments, I do appreciate them as this is how we learn to improve.
So nice to see you back online once again, hope you have not been getting into mischief while not online.:)
Geoff