PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Child

gxhpainter2
10-15-2012, 06:55 AM
this is my Sunday's child... hope it finds you all in good spirits..:)

copespeak
10-15-2012, 08:39 AM
That's a ripper, as always! You're so good at these. :0)

pat1940
10-15-2012, 09:14 AM
WOW Gary, this is so very creative and interesting, love everything about this one, as always great talent

gxhpainter2
10-16-2012, 03:17 AM
thanks Pat and copespeak.. so glad you like this... I enjoyed making it.:)

D Akey
10-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Had to look up the meaning of Sunday's Child. . . or the Sabbath day. . . Yeah, I can see it here. This has a playful feel to it. Nice arrangement of shapes/marks.

Caesar
10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
This is an apparently serene composition, although I feel some nostalgic sentiments in it and a slow movement going with some sort of reminding it seems to describe. I absolutely love the sap green textured area and I wonder how You got that effect.

limey-g
10-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Nicely done Gary, well thought out.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
10-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Had to look up the meaning of Sunday's Child. . . or the Sabbath day. . . Yeah, I can see it here. This has a playful feel to it. Nice arrangement of shapes/marks.Hey good to hear from you again.. hadn't seen you about lately guess you took a little time off too.. thanks for looking and commenting..and welcome back.:cool::cool::):)

This is an apparently serene composition, although I feel some nostalgic sentiments in it and a slow movement going with some sort of reminding it seems to describe. I absolutely love the sap green textured area and I wonder how You got that effect. Caesar...always fun to get your impression..glad you like the sap green area... not really a mystery .. I painted on a separate layer the greens and red browns, then lock the layer transparency to my subsequent work would be locked to the currently painted marks and then I chose a reddish-brown ( side note : for areas of work I use the color picker and keep the value in the midtones to light and select varying hues...without moving the lightness-Saturation ) and then stencil in a sponge like effect. I use this techinque a lot of my current works... I tend to find how to do something and then play it in the next dozen or so works..:):) I find that I like this also for "quiet" areas of subtle effect and variation and use other areas of flat color for highlights and accent / focal areas... and that blending generates a very satisfying overall effect.

Nicely done Gary, well thought out.
Geoff Geoff.. so glad you saw this and liked it..:):)