PDA

View Full Version : Emma

limey-g
09-24-2012, 06:03 AM
Liking doing portraits, this one of Emma Watson all grown up a big change since Harry Potter days.
Geoff

pat1940
09-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Geoff, my gosh you are so good at portraits, I can really tell you enjoy doing them, and they are perfect, so so good

Saphire
09-24-2012, 07:31 AM
This is painted Beautiful Geoff, I also love to view your portraits.

limey-g
09-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Thank you Pat and Christine glad you like my latest painting, doing portraits gives me so much pleasure despite the number of times I get frustrated when something does not go right. Thank goodness for layers otherwise I do not think i would finish anything.:)
Geoff

sabena
09-24-2012, 11:41 AM
great work wonderful painting and wonderful girl:)

semd74
09-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Exceptional painting here, this one is photo real...man I wish I had your talent !!

Caesar
09-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Superb painting indeed! I also enjoyed very much the amazing variety of flesh tones on the various parts, all so credible and rich!

limey-g
09-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Thanks Sabena, Semd74 and Caesar for your kind words it makes it all worth while.
I seem to spend more time with a knife than a brush working on the skin to get it where I want it to be
Geoff

kenmo
09-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Outstanding.... and man has she grown up....

limey-g
09-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Outstanding.... and man has she grown up....

Thanks kenmo and yes she has grown into a very pretty young lady.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
09-25-2012, 06:10 AM
Geoff... wow !.. man are you are getting skilled.. I can't believe the sheen on the skin and lighting, and the accuracy of the skin tones and the setting for the figure... really excellent work..

limey-g
09-25-2012, 06:25 AM
Geoff... wow !.. man are you are getting skilled.. I can't believe the sheen on the skin and lighting, and the accuracy of the skin tones and the setting for the figure... really excellent work..

Thanks glad you liked it, I spend lots of time working on the skin, you would not believe how many times I go back on myself because I am not happy the way things are going. Still layers which I am very comfortable with after many years on photoshop at least allows me to start over on a small area.
Many times each area of skin is on a different layer for a while until I am happy and I merge them.
Thanks Geoff

gxhpainter2
09-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks glad you liked it, I spend lots of time working on the skin, you would not believe how many times I go back on myself because I am not happy the way things are going. Still layers which I am very comfortable with after many years on photoshop at least allows me to start over on a small area.
Many times each area of skin is on a different layer for a while until I am happy and I merge them.
Thanks Geoff Geoff..ah giving away a few secrets :rolleyes:.!!.. yes I uses probably 20-30 layers ..merging as I get an area the way I want... interesting that we use similar techniques for totally different ends.. I also run thru blending modes a lot also to get the tonality I want I wonder if you do a similar thing for skin tones..?

limey-g
09-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Geoff..ah giving away a few secrets :rolleyes:.!!.. yes I uses probably 20-30 layers ..merging as I get an area the way I want... interesting that we use similar techniques for totally different ends.. I also run thru blending modes a lot also to get the tonality I want I wonder if you do a similar thing for skin tones..?
Yes I also use different blend modes like yourself, and lets face it we are using all the tools to end up with something that satisfies our own goals.

Katsunami
09-25-2012, 10:09 AM
You did a great job on the legs and the body. Emma would be pleased with that :)

On the other hand, the face does feel a bit "stretchy": It looks as if it's had a bit too much plastic surgery, somehow. I don't know enough about painting and drawing to describe or name it accurately, but you get this sort of look in a picture when you apply too much blurring/smoothing to get rid of wrinkles and take out too much contrast after which the skin looses texture.

Not that I could do any better at the moment, but I hope the criticism is contstructive and of help :)

limey-g
09-25-2012, 10:57 AM
You did a great job on the legs and the body. Emma would be pleased with that :)

On the other hand, the face does feel a bit "stretchy": It looks as if it's had a bit too much plastic surgery, somehow. I don't know enough about painting and drawing to describe or name it accurately, but you get this sort of look in a picture when you apply too much blurring/smoothing to get rid of wrinkles and take out too much contrast after which the skin looses texture.

Not that I could do any better at the moment, but I hope the criticism is contstructive and of help :)
Although done on a large canvas her head was in reality quite small to get too much detail into it.
In a close up portrait where the head is the main element detail is much easier to paint.
Thanks for your comments.
Geoff

coops
09-26-2012, 12:15 AM
Thats wonderful, well done:)

limey-g
09-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Thats wonderful, well done:)

Thank you Katie for your kind words.
Geoff