PDA

View Full Version : Done for a Polish friend

limey-g
09-19-2012, 06:42 AM
I hope she likes it.
Geoff

Vasilenko
09-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Wow! She's so beautiful! Your painting is beautiful!

Caesar
09-19-2012, 06:36 PM
You seem to have a precise type of friend anywhere in the world, charming ladies (unless You portray also gentlemen and old ladies this way) ...;)LOL You really set up an outstanding portrait style and capability. Congrats, dear friend (don't portray me too as a young and nic lady though :o:D)

Katsunami
09-19-2012, 07:19 PM
It's a beautiful lady, and a great painting.

Still, I would have much preferred the young lady to have her eyes open.

limey-g
09-19-2012, 10:45 PM
You seem to have a precise type of friend anywhere in the world, charming ladies (unless You portray also gentlemen and old ladies this way) ...;)LOL You really set up an outstanding portrait style and capability. Congrats, dear friend (don't portray me too as a young and nic lady though :o:D)

Thanks Caesar for your kind words and don't worry I have never tried painting a male, I guess I like the female form and I am lucky that so many of my friends are quite pretty.:D
Geoff

limey-g
09-19-2012, 10:48 PM
It's a beautiful lady, and a great painting.

Still, I would have much preferred the young lady to have her eyes open.

Thanks for you kind words, I did this partly off a photo she sent to me and quite frankly i have no idea on the real detail in her eyes, so I played it safe and did it with her eyes kind of slightly open looking down at her cat.
Geoff

coops
09-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Really lovely painting Geoff, well done once again:)

limey-g
09-20-2012, 01:09 AM
Really lovely painting Geoff, well done once again:)

Thanks Katie always appreciate your kind words.
Geoff

suffolkgal
09-20-2012, 01:18 AM
This is lovely :)

limey-g
09-20-2012, 01:43 AM
This is lovely :)
Thanks ,glad you like it.
Geoff

Marilyn Anne
09-20-2012, 01:59 AM
The lady must have loved it!

gxhpainter2
09-20-2012, 02:42 AM
Geoff...a very nice work... I like the setting and having her gazing down and petting her cat.. somehow it reminds me of some of the fine work done by the great masters... maybe the pose and sense of calmness... I am amazed that you started late with your artistic career and are so accomplished...:):)

silvy
09-20-2012, 03:39 AM
I like it very much:), well done!
I find a certain resemblance between cat and lady, they're in perfect harmony as often happens among pets and their humans;)

pat1940
09-20-2012, 04:36 AM
Geoff, another beautiful portrait, and the cat, this is so well done, wish I could paint animals like you can

limey-g
09-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Geoff...a very nice work... I like the setting and having her gazing down and petting her cat.. somehow it reminds me of some of the fine work done by the great masters... maybe the pose and sense of calmness... I am amazed that you started late with your artistic career and are so accomplished...:):)
Thanks for that although if you knew just how many times I delete a layer or use the eraser then you would realize that most of it is trial and error with emphasis on the latter.:)
Geoff

limey-g
09-20-2012, 04:42 AM
The lady must have loved it!
Yes she did seem to like it, always difficult to get the likeness right.
Geoff

limey-g
09-20-2012, 04:53 AM
I like it very much:), well done!
I find a certain resemblance between cat and lady, they're in perfect harmony as often happens among pets and their humans;)
Thanks Silvy, this is the first time I think where i have a human and an animal in the same painting, it was fun to do.
Geoff

limey-g
09-20-2012, 04:55 AM
Geoff, another beautiful portrait, and the cat, this is so well done, wish I could paint animals like you can
Thanks Pat, I enjoy the animals but i am amazed at your wonderful oil work that you do, if only I could do that.
Geoff