PDA

View Full Version : My first drawing: Tiger

jpaada
09-18-2012, 06:17 AM
Hi All

I'm new here and I just bought a Bamboo tablet with the Art Rage software. I'm trying many things in my drawing like colors and how to draw, I hope I'll find my style soon...

BR,
-jp

SHArtrage
09-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Very strong !

Shibui
09-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Welcome to the forums! I think you are off to a good start. I too, still finding my way. Great group, great program! Look forward to seeing more.

GalleryToday
09-18-2012, 10:35 PM
If this is your first drawing then, congratulation.

jpaada
09-19-2012, 04:39 AM
Hi

Thanks for your comments! Yes, this is my first color drawing but I have also some pencil drawing experience (less than five drawings). I quess it was easier for me to start to draw with the bamboo tablet and "pen". I started to draw the tiger first and there you can see my pencil style. I think I had better version of the tiger but I was so stupid and I didn't save it to other file name/version. I'm going to order real canvas print of this one when I'm finished :-) The next drawing will be very interesting, I'll try to draw something very different. That's why I need to order real canvas print of this one to see what kind of potential is in the Art Rage software. Looks good so far...

-jp

limey-g
09-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Hello and welcome to our forum, your tiger is very good and i certainly look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
Geoff

Katsunami
09-19-2012, 08:30 AM
This looks great.

This is not a drawing or painting of a beginner. I hope you mean "My first drawing with a tablet", or "My first drawing with ArtRage". If this is how a first drawing should look like, then you're either a natural genius, or I'm an idiot (with regard to drawing).

jpaada
10-13-2012, 08:29 AM
I finished my drawing. Kind of fail but I can't do better this time

copespeak
10-13-2012, 10:52 AM
A really lovely work. My only minor criticism if you are going to print on canvas and look at it for many years.... the tiger's mouth and nose seems to be skewed across to the right. Maybe check your reference and change a little. Often I can go away thinking something's fine, then come back to look again and a fault is very obvious.

jpaada
10-13-2012, 11:51 PM
A really lovely work. My only minor criticism if you are going to print on canvas and look at it for many years.... the tiger's mouth and nose seems to be skewed across to the right. Maybe check your reference and change a little. Often I can go away thinking something's fine, then come back to look again and a fault is very obvious.

Thanks, I'll check it...

semd74
10-14-2012, 06:39 AM
Welcome to the forums...a very majestic looking tiger

misterpaint
10-15-2012, 08:12 PM
is amazing!! well done!

AWAL
11-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Wow, for your 1st attempts at learning the program, and making it work as well as you did... I think it looks pretty damn amazing!! If you feel it expresses what you in-visioned when creating the masterpiece, then it doesn't have to be perfection in everyone else's eyes... its "your" vision so if it stimulates your mind to spring with inspiration, then you know it will touch hearts of many people who see it.. Im new to this page aswell today is my 1st day to register but ive had the bamboo pad/pen and artrage 3.5 studio since late September, I love arts of every kind.. I previously was focused on music non stop for years at a time.. now im back to being stuck on drawing, tagging, painting etc... it just feels like im productive when I can look at creations I enjoy.. Art is different just as each person is different.. thats what makes it so special and brilliant to me... I need some people to help me with a few things if anyone with alot of experience on these forums is avail for a few brief convo's or tips advisers lol then hit me up, although i dont know how to even really know when someone has hit me up yet...

Well good sir, to sum it up... The Tiger.... ITSSSSS GREEEAAAATTTT and I cant believe its your 1st attempts at producing an image bc its fantastic... Im damn near ashamed to post mine and ive had a month or so to mess with artrage... :) its really good work tho.. I look forward to seeing art creation #2 from you! Keep up the amazing work and have an amazing day!!!!

-AWAL
:cool: