PDA

View Full Version : I have started my first painting using the full studio version... :)

suffolkgal
09-14-2012, 03:21 AM
Having a bit of a go at several of the new features available, definitely a 'work in progress' :)

suffolkgal
09-14-2012, 11:09 PM
A little more work done...70175

paralel
09-15-2012, 02:55 AM
:) try to use vanishing points....

suffolkgal
09-15-2012, 08:50 AM
:) try to use vanishing points....

I don't have any formal art training so just muddle through usually. I am in the process of getting a perspective sticker though, if only I knew how and where to save it but hopefully I shall get a reply from the post soon :)

Thank you :)

Katsunami
09-15-2012, 09:20 AM
And you said you couldn't draw.... even that, you're already a few streets ahead of me :eek:

Good luck :)

suffolkgal
09-15-2012, 10:30 AM
And you said you couldn't draw.... even that, you're already a few streets ahead of me :eek:

Good luck :)

Thanks :) I tend to be rather hit and miss but it is a learning curve I am happy to travel. I am looking forward to seeing your first painting post and shall keep an eye out...no pressure...much heehee ;)

Katsunami
09-16-2012, 11:57 AM

You're welcome :)

I tend to be rather hit and miss but it is a learning curve I am happy to travel.

Same here :)

I am looking forward to seeing your first painting post and shall keep an eye out...no pressure...much heehee ;)

How evil! :eek:

Ah well, I'll post a WIP shortly. Like, within 5 minutes from now. If you laugh very loud, then I'll... I'll... probably... frown. Or something :p

limey-g
09-17-2012, 01:46 AM
It is coming along nicely, I see you have included a slight shadow on the watering container, so remember that the light source is the same for the vase and that should also have a shadow.Also include a very narrow slightly darkened area directly under each item to anchor them to the background so they do not appear to be floating.
Keep up the good work.
Geoff

suffolkgal
09-17-2012, 02:10 AM
You're welcome :)

Same here :)

How evil! :eek:

Ah well, I'll post a WIP shortly. Like, within 5 minutes from now. If you laugh very loud, then I'll... I'll... probably... frown. Or something :p

I wouldn't laugh as I don't have a sense of humour *cough*....oh alright, you are correct with the evil, but only in the humour :)

suffolkgal
09-17-2012, 02:11 AM
It is coming along nicely, I see you have included a slight shadow on the watering container, so remember that the light source is the same for the vase and that should also have a shadow.Also include a very narrow slightly darkened area directly under each item to anchor them to the background so they do not appear to be floating.
Keep up the good work.
Geoff

Thank you :) Yes, I am having a little problem with shadow and light source. I have started with the shadow at the back of the vase but it needs moving to the right. Lots to do with this painting but I am enjoying doing it :)

GalleryToday
09-18-2012, 01:32 AM
I think you'll perform better on abstract paintings, I'm saying this because I like the colors you used. Did you try any?

SHArtrage
09-18-2012, 05:22 AM
The patterns you use are very interesting and beautiful!

suffolkgal
09-18-2012, 09:27 PM
I think you'll perform better on abstract paintings, I'm saying this because I like the colors you used. Did you try any?

Hello,

I haven't really explored abstract art to any degree yet. Just getting started. But it is on the list and I may be giving it a whirl later :)