PDA

View Full Version : Abstract Style devolopement and growth.

shadowslake
09-06-2012, 01:48 PM
I am back after being gone for a while. Here is my new style I am trying out. I call it scribble art.

shadowslake
09-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Delicate.

shadowslake
09-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Elegant

shadowslake
09-06-2012, 02:11 PM
A simple date.

shadowslake
09-06-2012, 02:16 PM
The Battle Begins.

shadowslake
09-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Were thease images not pleasing to look at? Was the idea fail all togather?

D Akey
09-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Might want to look at even one of the tutorials and start giving it a go for a while, Shadowslake.

I think the lack of response might be because it's hard to figure out where you're coming from on these.

You see, Picasso for example was an artist before he started reducing his work. He evolved those looks. There was a lot that led up to his later drawings. If someone who has never really done art were to come in and copy his squiggles, it would just be squiggles that mean little to anyone other than perhaps the squiggler. Heck, I even have trouble with much of Picasso's squiggly work. And Chinese brush paintings also have a history, despite it looking like it's some quick swishes with the brush.

Looks like you were having fun though. And that's a start.

The first one has some merit.

May want to focus on something with a clear path with specific goals for a while to create something upon which to build your future work if that's of any interest to you. A good starting point for most artists is to get their technique working first.

gxhpainter2
09-09-2012, 04:55 AM
shadowslake.. I think these are interesting and not a failure but a start...from what I have seen so far you have a sense for line , gesture and some color , ( although colors take a long time to work with and understand the relationships they create.. )..so keep after it and look at other artist work along this line and read what they thought about what they were doing and see if it resonates..:):):)

shadowslake
09-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Thank you for your input. I agree with you. What I was trying to do with the last two paintings was to mimic the bursh strokes you see in Chinese Calligraphy but apply in a minimalistic way to produce immages that relay ideals. The pictures were not as important at the tecknique in the stroks that produced them. I will try to produce works less minimal and portray more info than a few simple brush strokes so you can see where I am heading on my next one. I will place in this thread so as not to bog down the forum with my work.

Thank you again.

Might want to look at even one of the tutorials and start giving it a go for a while, Shadowslake.

I think the lack of response might be because it's hard to figure out where you're coming from on these.

You see, Picasso for example was an artist before he started reducing his work. He evolved those looks. There was a lot that led up to his later drawings. If someone who has never really done art were to come in and copy his squiggles, it would just be squiggles that mean little to anyone other than perhaps the squiggler. Heck, I even have trouble with much of Picasso's squiggly work. And Chinese brush paintings also have a history, despite it looking like it's some quick swishes with the brush.

Looks like you were having fun though. And that's a start.

The first one has some merit.

May want to focus on something with a clear path with specific goals for a while to create something upon which to build your future work if that's of any interest to you. A good starting point for most artists is to get their technique working first.

shadowslake
09-11-2012, 01:43 AM
TY for your input. I am reaserching Chinese Calligraphy some and did not wish to just reproduce Chinese Calligraphy but apply the brush strokes into a stylistic artform style of painting.

shadowslake.. I think these are interesting and not a failure but a start...from what I have seen so far you have a sense for line , gesture and some color , ( although colors take a long time to work with and understand the relationships they create.. )..so keep after it and look at other artist work along this line and read what they thought about what they were doing and see if it resonates..:):):)