PDA

View Full Version : Holidays souvenirs

Caesar
09-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi all! I'm back from holidays and faced ordinary life (and boys school) re-starting tasks. Actually I'll have to go through the little surgical maintenance intervention I foretold early next week and i'll be likely out again for few days once more.
I enjoyed my holidays in the serene way of a Buddha (and, consistently, I added a kg to my belly too), as You can see on this a little impudent image herebelow I quickly set up to greet you all.
I would also add my summer artworks (I apologize they're real ones), one acrylics painting and many drawing and watercolor excercises and caricatures (I didn't make picture on few others and unfinished ones though as well as the results of my comics paintings cooperation with my younger son, don't worry).
I would finally add also a little sky art gallery directly from my famous terrace (the pictures, as poorly as they may describe the show, were not photomanipulated at all and I'm obviously not the author:D).

Caesar
09-05-2012, 08:42 PM
.... it required a second part too.

limey-g
09-06-2012, 12:54 AM
My you have been busy,really like #2, my kind of painting.
Geoff

pat1940
09-06-2012, 01:30 AM
I will say hi again Caesar,(aslo in my thread) sounds like a great holiday and some great paintings and beautiful pictures, welcome home dear Caesar

gxhpainter2
09-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Hey welcome back Caesar... lots of great work here... it will be fun to have you back in action on the forums again..all relaxed and brimming with artistic fervor :cool::cool::):):):)

Fakepivot
09-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Awesome works... (That's all Folks) really got me :D great job on that

Caesar
09-06-2012, 08:03 PM
I had little doubt thereabout, dear Geoff. ;) LOL Thank You!

Thank You, dear Pat, for such a warm welcome back! I shouldn't stay so much away, also because You went on making such a further progress in Your style development and expertise that I would get too shocked by my lack of substantial improvement. ;)

Thank You, dear Gary. Actually my artistic fervor was soon deflated, in the place where I stayed in Sardinia, by the continuous requests of caricature portraits (with flatteringly positive reactions also considering that only once I had the subject in pose in front of me, none of the ones in here though, while all other cases came from memory and this fact sort of surprised the protagonists).

Relaxing, light and simple works, dear Fakepivot, I enjoyed to make mostly "en plein air" or rather "on the beach sand" ...:D Thank You!

coops
09-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Welcome back Cesare, hope you had a terrific holiday and you have come back rested and well. You really were busy wilst away with greatpaintings and superb photos:) Good to see you back:)

Caesar
09-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Thank You, dear Katie! Now I think I should go less academically with watercolors and more passionate with landscapes, as Alvaro Castagnet uses to say, so as to define a more personal style. As for caricatures, still much to improve, but I have a confidence area anyway where I may be reliable for a honest result when engaging in such an effort.

silvy
09-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Bentornato Cesare, vedo che ti sei divertito un sacco! In effetti ho approfittato anch'io dell'estate per dipingere con strumenti 'veri' e con l'oilio che in casa fa davvero troppo odore. Appena ho un pò di tempo li aggiungo;)
Proprio una bella collezione

GRSArts
09-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Excellent. Love your charactures.

D Akey
09-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi Caesar. Welcome back. Blessings on your upcoming medical thing.

So I can see you have really run with the caricature style. It's brilliant. And your puckish humor has a wonderful outlet through the delight of seeing the world just slightly 'off center'. I quite like what you're doing with it and where you seem to be taking it.

I think your boy(s) will really run with it themselves seeing as how it's giving you all such fun ways to interact at home and in the world. You have made it a social thing, and that's a very good place for art to be rather than so remote and relatively mute by comparison. It takes the art off the walls and sets it in the center of the dinner table, so to speak.

Looks like a wonderful vacation, in which you have managed to indulge your aesthetic persona. Bravo! Do I spot your wife among the people with clothes on? You could be using her as a model for how women look, but the ones which are three across, the one in the center in the bikini resembles past pics you have done of her. . . I think. . .

Anyway, the forums were not the same without you.

You stay healthy, my friend. :cool::cool::D:D:cool::cool:

Caesar
09-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Grazie cara Silvia! Non vedo l'ora che ci mostri anche i tuoi esercizi all'aria aperta!

Dear GRSArts, actually nature provides the characters (it's the best and most varied artist for this) and I just try to see better and interpret what I see. Thank You!

Thank You, dear D Akey! Coming from an artistic big boss and expert like You, even considering that being also a good friend You could be a little more favourable in Your judgement, :rolleyes: Your compliments made me rejoice and blush twice.:o As for the lady, I just drew by imagination and to see how watercolor pencils may work with ink pen in an illustration (I made another, even better, experiment with an unfinished sire too). It eventually came out that she looked a little bit like my wife's sister, so I wasn't able to get too far from my wife with my unconscious imagination (this time at least ;) LOL). I also pushed my younger son, by cooperationg with him, to make very good comics characters illustrations by ink pen and watercolors and it was quite a pleasant late discovery for him (You know, they never listen to You the first hundred of times You suggest them something they may find interesting).

barnburner
09-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Welcome back Caesar! Thanks for sharing the great paintings and pics. :) :) :)

Caesar
09-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Thank You, dear Barnburner.
Yesterday I came back from my second holydays (i.e. surgery) and fine. Glad to see You all again!