PDA

View Full Version : Linda Darnell..

jonwood
09-04-2012, 09:09 AM
She was an American actress in the 1940's...hope you like her..thanks for looking.

D Akey
09-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Cool. This is merely my opinion, but I believe that even when you are doing women that are not with large breasts, it is always important to give them a stylized roundness, unless you are making a point of them being flat. Just make them round but smaller. It's a caricature and you can take license. She was not Dolly Parton, but not flat though.

I'm of the opinion that beautiful women should be given their due, unless the artist wants to be mean. Some caricaturists are brutal, and since I don't like their vision, I tend not to spend time looking through the filter of their stuff. Anyway, that's my 2 cents about caricature in general.

Her face is pretty cool. I assume that image is from a character she was playing? The caricature has merit in your stylization. Overall you're working it nicely.

jonwood
09-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Hi D Akey, thanks for taking the time to comment.I agree with your comments about the size and shape of ladies breasts but in this case I made a point of showing virtually none at all as I wanted to elongate the whole picture..long head, long neck and long body...all without losing the likeness of her.
Whilst I like to try and caricature the people I draw ,i dont like extreme caricature as i think a lot of them lose the likeness of the subject, mine ,I hope, are a cross between a mild caricature and a portrait..I've done the same with this one of Maggie Cheung an actress from Hong Kong...hope you like it..

coops
09-05-2012, 01:21 AM
These are soooooo good Jon love seeing them:)

jonwood
09-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Thank you very much coops,your comments are always appreciated..

pat1940
09-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Always such a pleasure to view Jon, really love the Maggie

Caesar
09-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Your style got more sophisticated but it didn't lose effectiveness and a spontaneous feel! :D

GRSArts
09-06-2012, 02:21 AM
I really like your work. They have a lot of character :-)

jonwood
09-08-2012, 09:30 PM
pat1940,Caesar and GRSArts many thanks indeed for your kind comments which are appreciated...