PDA

View Full Version : Black & Romeo

gxhpainter2
09-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Another calligraphic surge..

pat1940
09-04-2012, 04:46 AM
Wow Gary, another one that just pops and is so appealing to just stand and stare, love it

jibes
09-13-2012, 02:53 AM
Excellent work Gary! This one pops supreme with color and value contrasts! Really great composition!

tinzo
09-13-2012, 05:39 AM
Very colourful and dynamic work Gary.

semd74
09-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Lots of color and easy on the eyes...well done

gxhpainter2
09-14-2012, 01:59 AM
Wow Gary, another one that just pops and is so appealing to just stand and stare, love it thanks Pat I do love using Black

Excellent work Gary! This one pops supreme with color and value contrasts! Really great composition! Neal thanks mate glad you like the contrasts and composition of this work..it does have a presence

Very colourful and dynamic work Gary. thank you Brian always great to hear from you on my work.

Lots of color and easy on the eyes...well done Thanks Steve pleased you like it.

silvy
09-14-2012, 02:00 AM
So dynamic and colorful:D
I especially really like the effects on the right side;)

byroncallas
11-11-2012, 08:54 PM
A bold one with all that prominent black. Effective, yes?

gxhpainter2
11-13-2012, 04:16 AM
So dynamic and colorful:D
I especially really like the effects on the right side;)Thanks Silvy that was one area I was very happy with the way it turned out... so happy you also noticed and appreciated it.

A bold one with all that prominent black. Effective, yes? byron...yes I would agree large simple shapes of black make for a bold statement and allow other colors to really present.

D Akey
11-14-2012, 05:27 AM
OK. . . have to ask. . . Black and Romeo? Is this the new Romaticist's art line from Black and Decker, the tool and appliance manufacturer?
You had to know that title would live on its own. . . :cool:;);) From whence, wither and wherefore art thou, man?

I really like this one. Has a great balance/heierarchy. Nice design. I think Mr. semd said it. It's easy on the eyes. May be because there's breathing room making it less effortful. Nothing wrong with effort, but this one feels self-confident.

Caesar
11-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Maybe love as an alternative to darkness of the soul? Theis painting is fascinating and the use of the black just masterful to enhance color and texture brilliance and volume.

gxhpainter2
11-16-2012, 12:31 PM
OK. . . have to ask. . . Black and Romeo? Is this the new Romaticist's art line from Black and Decker, the tool and appliance manufacturer?
You had to know that title would live on its own. . . :cool:;);) From whence, wither and wherefore art thou, man?

I really like this one. Has a great balance/heierarchy. Nice design. I think Mr. semd said it. It's easy on the eyes. May be because there's breathing room making it less effortful. Nothing wrong with effort, but this one feels self-confident. Thanks DAkey....funny how some works really flow out and have that self-confident look but still have the balance and harmony... love your quip on the title...although the inspiration was not from hanging out at LOWE's but more along the line of Caesar thinking...

Maybe love as an alternative to darkness of the soul? Theis painting is fascinating and the use of the black just masterful to enhance color and texture brilliance and volume. Thanks Caesar you really got my intention on this..