PDA

View Full Version : Animated Movie Titles

Fashmir
08-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Hello fellow ArtRagers! I haven't posted anything here in the gallery for quite a while but I couldn't resist posting my work on the Titles for "Virginia" starring Ed Harris and Jennifer Connelley. I had the happy job of working with Chel White who directed the titles and several talented artists whom it was my privilege to lead on the project. I used ArtRage for all of my shots which are depicted in the images below. The other artists had the freedom to chose their painting software and most chose to work in Photoshop as they were more familiar and comfortable there-especially given the relatively short schedule of the project. Two of the scenes depicted below were only revised by me at the directors request, the majority of the work on those was done by other artists. One was repainted almost entirely from a scanned acrylic by another artist. I will note those below.

If you would like to see these titles in motion, you can go to Chel White's Vimeo page here: http://vimeo.com/48170042

The image above was originally painted in acrylic by the very talented Mary Blankenburg. The director wanted to change the pallet and the types of trees so I painted it over from the ground up using ArtRage. The willows hanging in the foreground were done with a custom sticker spray I made specifically for the project.
This image went through several modifications. Originally started by Joe McMurrian, who did other shots not depicted here, it was modified by Traci Cook and finally by me.
This is another image that was largely created by Joe McMurrian. I ended up needing to move the umbrella and change the sky and distant foliage as well as the water.

eighty+
08-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Yep. smashing. Slainte. Statte Bbone. Si. Si. :D

Fakepivot
08-29-2012, 05:58 PM
:eek: SOOO AMAZING..Love the first painting.. soo much details in every painting.. wonderfull to look at

hanzz
08-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Super ! great artworks here!!!!

limey-g
08-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Wow, great artwork here, must feel good to see it used in the titles of a movie.
Geoff

coops
08-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Fabulous artwork:)

Vladislav
08-30-2012, 01:41 AM
Thanks to animation drawings, they found a three-dimensional depth!

D Akey
08-30-2012, 02:28 AM
You should be very proud of this. Congratulations. :cool::):cool::):cool:

Fashmir
08-30-2012, 03:52 AM
Thank you all for looking in and commenting. We painted on many layers keeping in mind the movement through the scenes. The multi-layered paintings were exported to PSD file format and handed off to the very talented Brian Kinkley for compositing and animation in Adobe After Effects. I very much enjoyed my involvement in this project and I feel good about what we accomplished.

Thanks again for looking.

pat1940
08-30-2012, 05:49 AM
Fantastic paintings congradulations Fashmir, and thanks for sharing all of these

silvy
08-31-2012, 05:10 AM
Meraviglioso:cool:
Many thanks for sharing

jibes
09-01-2012, 03:54 AM
All beautiful and great animations! Good work!

dcahall
09-01-2012, 07:32 AM
I would give anything to be able to do something like this. I am trying to learn to draw/paing (Dave Rage does not like to say that ArtRage is a drawing tool though - he got me on that on another post :)). This is wonderful.

So far my best work has only been with pencil drawings (and not great at that either). I do not seem to be able to turn them into brush oriented work like all of the people I see in this forum. Maybe some day :(

I wish there was a product that I could afford that would compete with After Effects.....

picturedev
09-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Really Amazing work

Bobbyray
09-02-2012, 12:09 AM
SO, you be Rage'n again......sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. When I grow up I wanna be an pro artist like you. hehe Very inspiring and creative work to say the least. I am very impressed with your artworks. Keep up the excellent work. You definitely da "Art man". Thanks for sharing this and all your works.

Fashmir
09-02-2012, 03:56 AM
Thank you all so much for your kind response. I had a very good experience working on this and the collaborative atmosphere surrounding the project was a treat to bask in as well. I'm pleased you all liked it. :)

justjean
09-02-2012, 04:06 AM
Alway pure delight to see your wonderful work

SHArtrage
09-03-2012, 02:15 AM
Very interesting to see how this ends up, the whole production process. I started drawing a month ago and the most important thing it brought me so far is ... looking in a different way at reality.

GRSArts
09-03-2012, 03:54 AM
Wow...outstanding art work!