PDA

View Full Version : an exercise in geometry , texture and implied space.

gxhpainter2
08-26-2012, 08:06 AM
I seem to be drawn to "build" these right now hope you enjoy it..:)

byroncallas
08-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi there. Just popping in - and saw this. I love it. I've missed your work, much need to catch up.

chinapete
08-26-2012, 12:57 PM
gary ... this is the kind of painting that deserves to be read more than just looked at ... you've given it a sort Bauhaus title and the variety of textures, muted colors, interlocking symbols, signs of movement, musical notation, primitive biology references plus the overall flat look of the surface does suggest textile art ...

... but how to read it? ... one day in a physics class, we noticed the professor had put up a rather complicated set of formulas on the board, with explanatory illustrations, symbols, occasional words, etc. ... when he walked into the classroom to begin his lecture, he looked at the board for a while, and then said, "Obviously, ..." :)

gxhpainter2
08-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Hi there. Just popping in - and saw this. I love it. I've missed your work, much need to catch up.thanks for popping in...its been awhile since we have seen you here..great to see you back and I hope we get to see some new work :):)

gary ... this is the kind of painting that deserves to be read more than just looked at ... you've given it a sort Bauhaus title and the variety of textures, muted colors, interlocking symbols, signs of movement, musical notation, primitive biology references plus the overall flat look of the surface does suggest textile art ...

... but how to read it? ... one day in a physics class, we noticed the professor had put up a rather complicated set of formulas on the board, with explanatory illustrations, symbols, occasional words, etc. ... when he walked into the classroom to begin his lecture, he looked at the board for a while, and then said, "Obviously, ..." :) LOL we must have had the same teacher..I remember my Calculus prof used to take these huge formulas and say "Its intuitively obvious that from here we can state"......just don't try to read this from right to left.. you will get very confused..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

pat1940
08-27-2012, 03:44 AM
Gary, I see many things in this painting, and all is so appealing to the eye and very artistic, your brain is working overtime lol wonderful work
and ah yes those wonderful colors

justjean
08-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Gary, it makes me think of life, the colours, textures and shapes that all go into making someones life, perhaps a bit neater than my own tho LOL

coops
08-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Looks like you opened a book and all the stories came rushing out, nice one Gary:)

jibes
08-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Love this Gary! But I'm not crazy about the object/element in the lower right corner. It seems like a focal point but in the corner not well placed. I suppose because of it's brightness or it looks like one of those brain teasers I've seen. Just an observation. Overall I think it's a great Painting!

Marilyn Anne
08-28-2012, 01:58 PM
It would be fun to walk through a gallery of your paintings.

semd74
08-28-2012, 07:24 PM
I see not only color but shape here Gary...very nice