PDA

View Full Version : Near the Coast

gxhpainter2
08-19-2012, 11:29 AM
sitting on a dock in the bay watchin the tide roll in... hmmm is that a song? :rolleyes:

Suz
08-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Really fun scene here. Okay, I see the front view of a busty lady in a brightly colored bathing suit, she is sitting under a beach umbrella. It's a hot day at the beach! ;)

gxhpainter2
08-21-2012, 04:30 AM
Thanks Suz...glad you like the fun scene here.. definitely not the Oregon Coast however...:):)

coops
08-21-2012, 10:00 PM
I like this one very much, reminds me of sun, sea and holidays yet I see a cute little chappie sat under a sombrero, nice one Gary its suprising what one can see with an open mind:)

Marilyn Anne
08-22-2012, 03:57 AM
I also like all the colors and different levels of sea life.

gxhpainter2
08-22-2012, 04:02 AM
I like this one very much, reminds me of sun, sea and holidays yet I see a cute little chappie sat under a sombrero, nice one Gary its suprising what one can see with an open mind:) LOL point well taken Katie, so glad you like this one!

I also like all the colors and different levels of sea life. Marilyn Anne, I am glad you like this it was a bit of an experiment in joining flat cutout type forms with more textural ones..it gave it an unique expression.

pat1940
08-22-2012, 04:28 AM
Gary, I see exactly what suz is viewing lol, love the colors this is so bright and cheerful

semd74
08-22-2012, 07:44 AM
This is a bright and colorful painting Gary....makes me feel good all over

gxhpainter2
08-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Gary, I see exactly what suz is viewing lol, love the colors this is so bright and cheerful:o....well that must be a subliminal slip.. maybe I should have put this in the After Nine section... anyway glad you appreciated the bright color scheme.;););)

This is a bright and colorful painting Gary....makes me feel good all overSteve that is terrific ;) I could not wish for a better reception for this painting.:cool::cool::):)

chinapete
08-22-2012, 12:01 PM
gary ... I guess the subliminal slip was, the title should have been "Near the Mountains"? ... just kidding ... actually, I didn't see what others saw until I read the comments ... now it's hard not to ... shows among other things the power of naming a picture or giving it further description via verbal sub-text ...

D Akey
08-23-2012, 04:04 AM
I have a spin sorta like Suz, in my puerile mind -- that it's the voluptuous cartoony bust of some sexy character like Jessica Rabbit with a low cut top and red scarf around her neck, or something of that ilk. Nope. . . Otis Redding got it wrong. It's high tide and the fleet's in. I'm just afraid that like in Toontown in Roger Rabbit where he sees the silhouette of a sexy chick through the drawn window shade, that when we finally see the face it's an old hag like the randy cartoon granny that ran for years in Playboy Magazine. But I digress. . .

Now where did I put those Zap Comix. . .

limey-g
08-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Nicely done Gary, love the strong colours.
Geoff