PDA

View Full Version : Land of Points

gxhpainter2
08-18-2012, 05:03 PM
a running the river a view through the canyon walls at distant mountains.

chinapete
08-18-2012, 11:27 PM
gary ... the interior light in the form of a geometric and zigzagged shape is compelling visually ... comes close to another painting I once saw but that doesn't matter, yours is yours :)

pat1940
08-19-2012, 01:26 AM
The zig zags really catch the eye Gary, very nicely done, and great colors

limey-g
08-19-2012, 01:50 AM
I like this one Gary, a really striking painting.
Geoff

sabena
08-19-2012, 02:26 AM
Hi Gxpainter i like very much your abstract geometric painting very well done:rolleyes:

tinzo
08-19-2012, 02:49 AM
Well done Gary, this is a very colourful and striking work my friend. :)

silvy
08-19-2012, 04:04 AM
Great! Love the zig zag shapes...every time I look at , the picture changes:cool:
Very dynamic:D

gxhpainter2
08-19-2012, 05:21 AM
gary ... the interior light in the form of a geometric and zigzagged shape is compelling visually ... comes close to another painting I once saw but that doesn't matter, yours is yours :) chinapete, very cool do you remember the artist, and title of the painting? I would love to see it..or atleast know the artist..:):)

The zig zags really catch the eye Gary, very nicely done, and great colors thanks Pat always great to hear your view...:):)

I like this one Gary, a really striking painting.
Geoff Geoff, thanks and I greatly appreciate your continued support and comments on my works.:cool::cool::):)

Hi Gxpainter i like very much your abstract geometric painting very well done:rolleyes: LOL thanks sabena, I don't know if your current works inspired me, but we see to be on the same artistic track right now..:):):)

Well done Gary, this is a very colourful and striking work my friend. :)wow thanks Brian I am so pleased you like this as it is in such a different vein that your work but I try to exploit the same artistic constraints and values but with different subject matter...:):)

Great! Love the zig zag shapes...every time I look at , the picture changes:cool:
Very dynamic:D thanks silvy .. I think the colors here really vibrate and move plus the zigzag shapes move the eye to different areas and back again..:):)

jibes
08-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Stunning!!!

chinapete
08-19-2012, 10:46 AM
... gary ... I don't ... it was a small watercolor and pen drawing, european, probably done in the 1920s, I saw it once at the met in ny a long time ago, it isn't shown very often, so you probably don't know it, and it's not as exciting visually as yours, but I did think of it, so one day I expect to see Land of Points on permanent exhibit there, if they ever allow digital artists through their illustrious doors ... :)

... re: beginnings, I'm trying to remember whether I could even spell "artist" 35 years ago ... I'm sure most people assume digital art will stand the test of time as well as painting done with traditional media, but it's not all that certain ... storage and access methods change, digital really hasn't been all that stable ... it's nice though that you now have a digitized copy of a painting that is of such sentimental as well as artistic value :) ...

Albert
08-19-2012, 06:43 PM
very nicely done

Marilyn Anne
08-20-2012, 12:09 AM
I love the colors and zig zag shapes that really draw you in.

coops
08-21-2012, 01:52 AM
I like the centre of this one Gary very much:)

gxhpainter2
08-21-2012, 04:35 AM
... gary ... I don't ... it was a small watercolor and pen drawing, european, probably done in the 1920s, I saw it once at the met in ny a long time ago, it isn't shown very often, so you probably don't know it, and it's not as exciting visually as yours, but I did think of it, so one day I expect to see Land of Points on permanent exhibit there, if they ever allow digital artists through their illustrious doors ... :)

... re: beginnings, I'm trying to remember whether I could even spell "artist" 35 years ago ... I'm sure most people assume digital art will stand the test of time as well as painting done with traditional media, but it's not all that certain ... storage and access methods change, digital really hasn't been all that stable ... it's nice though that you now have a digitized copy of a painting that is of such sentimental as well as artistic value :) ... chinapete thanks I thought you may not be able to remember the original artist but thought I would ask just in case. You bring up a good point about digital standing the test of time..I often wonder how someone would view the digital files in 100 years.. maybe that is why I like to make at least one or two paper prints of my favorite work..hedging my bets..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

very nicely done Thank you Albert I appreciate your comments..

I love the colors and zig zag shapes that really draw you in.So glad you find that area of the painting interesting.

I like the centre of this one Gary very much:) thanks Katie...always love to see what you think..