PDA

View Full Version : Another Brazilian Lady

limey-g
08-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Just another portrait.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
08-18-2012, 08:39 AM
WOW I am in love!.... what an amazing work Geoff.. the gloss on the lips, and liquid eyes and fabulous work on the hair strands with varying colors that part looks like the influence of Saphire.. but your employment of that rich detail has made a fabulous portrait :D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool:

limey-g
08-18-2012, 09:08 AM
WOW I am in love!.... what an amazing work Geoff.. the gloss on the lips, and liquid eyes and fabulous work on the hair strands with varying colors that part looks like the influence of Saphire.. but your employment of that rich detail has made a fabulous portrait :D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool:
Glad you like it, there is something about Brazillian woman, we must have similar tastes. :)
Geoff

Marilyn Anne
08-18-2012, 10:54 AM
A lovely portrait that is very nicely done.

semd74
08-18-2012, 08:52 PM
WOW...this is an amazing portrait Geoff, very nice work

limey-g
08-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks Marilyn Ann & semd74 for your kind words, glad you liked my efforts.
Geoff

pat1940
08-19-2012, 01:23 AM
This is not just another portrait Geoff, it is another beautiful portrait, is this done with air brush? you always have such lovely flesh tones, wonderful job

limey-g
08-19-2012, 01:40 AM
This is not just another portrait Geoff, it is another beautiful portrait, is this done with air brush? you always have such lovely flesh tones, wonderful job

Thanks Pat, glad you liked it, as to the skin I do sometimes use a little air brush at the end for a little final blending but I like to use chalk for my skin and a great deal of knife work to get to where i want it to be. I think it helps a little that I have spent years retouching photos usually with lots of skin and through this I think I have learned the tone characteristics of what makes nice skin.

I must confess if I cannot get the skin right I have on occasion take the file into photoshop where I can look at the CMYK values of the skin and easily adjust it before bringing the file back into Artrage to continue painting.
Regards Geoff

Strandy
08-19-2012, 04:18 AM
...there is something about Brazillian woman...

I agree. And you are in my areas of expertise since I have one in my family. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.png
Cool portrait.

pat1940
08-19-2012, 04:20 AM
Thanks Geoff, I think the next time I try a portrait I will try chalk to see if it comes out better...appreciate your reply

D Akey
08-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Reminds me of one of our fellow posters here. Gorgeous work, I daresay. Wonderful placement of your extra surface detail as in the lips and hair.

Is she from Brazil then?

limey-g
08-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Reminds me of one of our fellow posters here. Gorgeous work, I daresay. Wonderful placement of your extra surface detail as in the lips and hair.

Is she from Brazil then?

Thanks D Akey her name is Isabella and yes she is from Brazil, I can see the likeness to one of our posters, you sure must have an eye for remembering faces.
Geoff

coops
08-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Another brilliant portrait Geoff, well done:)

limey-g
08-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Another brilliant portrait Geoff, well done:)
Thanks Katie glad you liked it, I really enjoy painting portraits and I get such satisfaction when something turns out right.
Geoff