PDA

View Full Version : Off-World

Peter Pinckney
08-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Mining on a moon ...................... but not a moon in our system

D Akey
08-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Mine moon! Ya, das ist time for some space truckin'.

This is perhaps one of the coolest industrial paintings. Good one Pete!

I've found a place where all the X-1 radio broadcasts are archived for a free download and they're rather cool to listen to when driving, or painting. Very light stuff. But they adapted work from the likes of Heinlein and Bradbury and a few others you might recognize. I was rather surprised hearing this stuff. Makes me think that Twilight Zone and Star Trek were heavily influenced by such stories. A lot of Cold War fear generated many of the tales, wherein they used outer space as a stage for analogies and metaphor. Shows what the arts can do.

I think you might enjoy listening while you paint. I always found that the images from audio books and radio, and even listening to movies in the background were more than diverting, they occupied a part of the brain that would otherwise tend to get in the way of my painting. Anyway, here's a link if you're interested in some outer space fun from the 1950s.

http://archive.org/details/XMinus1_A

coops
08-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Wow Peter that looks as if its straight out of a film, great work:)

Bobbyray
08-19-2012, 03:09 AM
Some things come from the imagination....some not. Was this a real vision? Or A vacation of yours? hehe

Excellent work and effects of realism. What are the producing there? humm? You da man...spaceman that is.

Very impressive.

BRay

limey-g
08-19-2012, 05:35 AM
I like it very imaginative, when you get that many space vehicles together does that make a convoy ?:)
Geoff

jibes
08-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Put's you right there! Excellent!