PDA

View Full Version : Clark Kent …Baseball Player

Rey Marz
08-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone, this ArtRage painting was inspired by an episode from the radio program “Adventures of Superman” in which news reporter Clark Kent changes his name to Bud Smith and joins a baseball team.

He is seen here hitching a ride to Metropolis Stadium with Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen ...and they are having second thoughts about Bud Smith's true identity.

limey-g
08-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Sorry cannot bring up your image, try uploading it straight to the forum.
Geoff

D Akey
08-17-2012, 03:24 AM
Yeah, it makes it much easier to have the pic open when opening the thread. So lets have a look. The title's intriguing.

Rey Marz
08-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Oh I didn't realize the picture wasn't there! I remember using the "Basic Uploader" option, but there must've been an error somewhere. Hopefully the picture is there now, thanks for the heads-up!

pat1940
08-17-2012, 09:44 AM
This is great Rey, I really like it and a pleasure to view, love to see more

limey-g
08-17-2012, 09:54 AM
I like it, something a little different about.
Geoff

D Akey
08-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Very funny. Love the thought bubble with her fantasizing him being a mild mannered reporter from a great metropolitan newspaper rather than someone regularly showing his manly physical prowess and/or boyish delight in playing ball.

Ladies, it's a guy thing (sometimes). ;););) Guys, it's a wife's thing (sometimes).

Rey Marz
08-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks, glad you like it guys! So true, D Akey. And much credit should go to the Superman radio show (free to listen to on archive.org); it really helped me visualize the characters.

I ended up animating a short clip from the radio show (using the “layers” feature in ArtRage and then importing jpegs into iMovie), a learning experience for sure, but a super fun project to do. :)

jibes
08-19-2012, 10:06 AM
This is so cute! Love those old radio shows like "Vic and Sade" and many others. I'll have to give Superman a try. Good job!

Rey Marz
08-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Thanks! Yeah, the Superman radio show is one of my favorites; Batman and Robin even made a few guest appearances, which was always fun. I hadn't heard of "Vic and Sade" though, sounds really good! : )