PDA

View Full Version : Abstract oil in saturated colors

juliawilliams
08-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Haven't been on in awhile, but thought I'd post the latest! I feel the urge to try some charcoal next, so that will be my next project. Love perusing everyone's work! So inspirational.

coops
08-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Like this one very much, well done:)

chinapete
08-13-2012, 10:49 PM
... jw ... this image is like a Turing test for purely digital art ... I mean, it's really hard to tell whether it was done in natural media ... it is easy to imagine this as a roughly 4' by 6' canvas mounted on heavy wooden stretcher bars and primed with gesso leaning against a wall in your painting studio ...

...question: if you have done this kind of painting in natural media, and now are able to achieve the same sort of results purely digitally, which is the more satisfying experience? ...

juliawilliams
08-14-2012, 03:32 AM
Thank you! Actually, I have never really painted in natural media. I have dabbled and it scares the bejeesus out of me. The mess, the mixing of colors, the money invested. I couldn't bring myself to actually do it yet. Someday though. I love working in digital, but I much prefer seeing a real painting on a canvas.

... jw ... this image is like a Turing test for purely digital art ... I mean, it's really hard to tell whether it was done in natural media ... it is easy to imagine this as a roughly 4' by 6' canvas mounted on heavy wooden stretcher bars and primed with gesso leaning against a wall in your painting studio ...

...question: if you have done this kind of painting in natural media, and now are able to achieve the same sort of results purely digitally, which is the more satisfying experience? ...

juliawilliams
08-14-2012, 03:38 AM
And I must add, chinapete, I really admire your ability to render a realistic effect digitally, as well. :)

tinzo
08-14-2012, 03:43 AM
Some paintings need no explanation, they just are, what they are.....food for my eyes.