PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Falls

pat1940
08-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Done in oil and knife

limey-g
08-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Love it Pat, you keep amazing me with the quality of your work and your wonderful imagination.
Geoff

D Akey
08-08-2012, 03:55 AM
Really nice Pat!

I would only recommend one thing and that is to the left side, all those bushes, I would not separate them all with a dark brown area between. You can have the colors overlapping and owing to the difference in color, I don't think they would get confused. But sometimes bleeding together is not a bad thing -- much as you have done elsewhere in the painting to great effect.

Anyway, the colors are wonderful. I LOVE the waterfall having so much color in it. It's almost like a screen or curtain that when passed through one is in a heavenly place. And the texture differences here and there are quite nice! GO PAT!!!!!!! You're really pulling it through. ;):cool::D:cool:;)

barnburner
08-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Beautifully done Pat. Tremendous colors. :) :) :)

chinapete
08-08-2012, 07:19 AM
... why am I not surprised -- chicken little that I am -- that I expected the sky to be falling -- or to be presented with an illustration of a dreadful scene out of Milton's Paradise Lost? --:) instead I am greeted by a cooling waterfall and the calming sounds of water rushing by :)...

Marilyn Anne
08-08-2012, 02:46 PM
A beautiful setting!

pat1940
08-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Thankyou all for kind comments and glad you like it
DAkey made the changes you suggested and makes it look better, thankyou