PDA

View Full Version : Need help drawing clean, precise black lines

RandolfRa
08-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Hey!
I like to draw pictures involving black smooth curves. See the attachment for example picture.

Currently, in Art Rage studios, I have been using the ink tool to achieve this. However, I find it to be very difficult, a lot more difficult than with physical tools. I keep hitting ctrl z over and over again until I finally achieve a passable curve. The smoothing factor does help a little, but the problem is that it doesn't only "smooth" the line, but also "alters" it a lot. If I for example draw a circle, I end up with a lot smaller circle than what I actually drew.

So, does anyone know an effective way to draw such smooth lines ? Or what techniques you use?

Bobbi
08-05-2012, 01:55 PM
I believe you can get the lines you want by opening up the settings pod when in the ink pen tool. By setting the smoothing to 0% you may find that stops AR from altering the lines you are trying to draw.

Steve B
08-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Yes. I use presets like Harsh Multiply with 0% for Smoothing and prefer it much much more compared to the presets.

Alexandra
08-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Hi Randolf, I have to go to the upper tool bar and use the blur tool-just a fraction. I will duplicate the layer and try different effects, such as watercolor and merge with the original layer.