PDA

View Full Version : Don't Worry...I Have It

Alexandra
08-01-2012, 10:40 PM
A crisis doodle.:p
When my Dad was ill and I was on the phone with my family...there were times that doodling helped me cope with the pressure.
I want to work on this one a bit more for a card. I know there are times when we all feel as if we are handling "too much or everything" so with this I wanted to add a little comic relief.

Caesar
08-02-2012, 12:09 AM
What a brilliant idea and execution! Very close to the a final version too.
Sometimes it seems that the whole world is on Your shoulders (as it was on those of the titan Atlas) or the sky may fall on Your head (the only possibility scaring Asterix and his Gauls mates in the relevant comics).

barnburner
08-02-2012, 12:39 AM
You nailed it young lady! Great interpretation. (altho the world should probably be about twice that big :) )
Great job Sandy. :) :) :)

D Akey
08-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Is that you getting a text message? Wanna get that? And could you get me a cup of coffee, thanks ever so. . . Eye on the ball kid. Don't drop it. ;):rolleyes::eek:

pat1940
08-02-2012, 04:33 AM
Wonderful expression of how you felt dear Sandy, very nice job

semd74
08-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Sometimes life can be very heavy, and I am glad you get some release in your art...very well done Sandy :-)

gxhpainter2
08-02-2012, 07:53 AM
dear Sandy...it is a wonderfully realized visual and emotional statement...outstanding :cool::cool::cool::cool:

limey-g
08-02-2012, 08:17 AM
That is really good Sandy.
Geoff

sabena
08-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Wonderful painting and very well done:rolleyes:

Alexandra
08-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Dear Cesare, I could not help but think of you when I drew this! The Atlas association and your fantastic mythological drawings. I began this on a notepad and fell in love with her and had to copy it onto the artrage program. Not as cute as my note paper doodle, but you know how it goes some times...we end up getting carried away and don't want to change it as if it is a live character. This one like the skinny kid I once was running around bare footed in the grass. There were a few times my poor Dad had to take me to the ER because of it!:rolleyes:

Oh you are so right Mike. Whoa, how we carry it around sometimes. Thank you dear friend!

D Akey, that is all I was getting. Beep beep...a message, my heart would jump out of my throat, and the stress levels...through the roof. I did drop the ball though...on June 26th...the world stopped spinning and crashed all around us. :(

Thanks dear Pat. I should draw a baby though, as that is what I feel like. One minute...strong, the next weepy.

Thanks dear Steve, I am sure you were holding the universe.

You are so kind Gary. Thank you dear man.

Thank you Geoff, now I will work on it to clean it up a little here and there to offer as a card.

Alexandra
08-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi Sabena! I almost missed you. Thank you very much!

limey-g
08-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Well done, a modern Charles Atlas, I think we have all been there sometime in our lives.
Geoff

jibes
08-02-2012, 01:08 PM
This will make a great card Sandy! Excellent work!

Caesar
08-02-2012, 07:49 PM
... I was quite sure it was You, dear Sandra, and this made this image even more fascinating and lively, a unique personal story which may become universal in its meaning and charm.
After all art, as love speaks of us, deals with unique individuals still sharing a common essence with their souls though and none of us may be defined if we either lose our peculiarity, or if we don't refer ourselves and keep immersed in an environment made of people around us, especially the ones who more than others cared for us and whom we care for (even across the death gates I's say) ...

mannafig
08-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Oh boy I know that feeling my dear friend.
you captured the moment perfectly:):)

D Akey
08-03-2012, 03:14 AM
So sorry, Alexandra. I was traveling and got to use a quirky computer and barely managed to visit AR forums for a quick hello. I didn't read what you wrote at the beginning. And it seemed such a joyful pic that's the interpretation I ran with. . .

I now see it was about you now having to shoulder it all. You can.

It must have been awful for you with your Dad's passing. Again, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Alexandra
08-03-2012, 04:08 AM
Hi Geoff, you are so right.

Thank you Neal. I am so behind on my store. I really need to settle down now and focus on projects that I haven't finished. I hope that this will give someone a smile even though it may be a difficult time in their lives.

A beautiful comment dear Cesare, thank you.

Thank you dear friend. I know you have sure been through your share as well Amanda. Take good care of yourself dear friend.

I did not take your comment to be anything but kind D Akey. Most of all of the burdens fell on my eldest siblings shoulders. My part was nothing compared to my two sisters, but the worries, and the problems, conflicts...you name it- it was not a pleasant state in which to be. I couldn't leave my son to help more. This is was eats at me most. If I could have just been there with him. He was always there for me.
Thanks so for your heartfelt wishes dear friend.

coops
08-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Dear Sandy, this is a very moving painting and a great insight into the heavy burden that someone has to carry. (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) always make things feel a little better and I hope you accept this one from me:)

Alexandra
08-03-2012, 10:38 PM
I do indeed accept your hug dear Katie and thank you! You know, my Dad worked in the coal mines when he was just fifteen. His arms were naturally big from hard work. He would put any weight lifter to shame. He was this tall big black haired tanned handsome country boy. He left school at the age of twelve, but this did not end his education. He read everything he could get his hands on. He joined the service in WWII at the young age of seventeen and later obtained his GED. Two years later he would come back home and marry his sweetheart he grew up with. A red headed high spirited girl of seventeen and he nineteen. He and Mom were married sixty five years when he passed away. Anyway...back to the big arms-when he would hug you, you felt as if you were shielded from the world. It was the bear hug we all called it.

Bobbi
08-04-2012, 03:07 AM
Cute one Sandy. ;)

Alexandra
08-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks Bobbi, and thank you for all of your help!

shechat
08-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Dear Alexandra, this is a wonderfully expressive card, painted from the heart. I'm sending you some more hugs.

Alexandra
08-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks so much Shechat, I'll take them! So glad you liked the design.