PDA

View Full Version : Olympian fun poses - (updated - four disciplines now)

Caesar
07-31-2012, 03:24 AM
I appreciated very much Chinapete's thread, so i decided to give a try too. Unfortunately my imagination went a little outside the classical statuary poses domain.... LOL:D
Speedy drawing with pencil and chalk.

gxhpainter2
07-31-2012, 04:18 AM
Caesar... LOL.... we have come to expect flawless athleticism from our Olympians.... but they are human as you so cleverly illustrated here...a very nice work..it really shows your grasp of the figure and your ability to create the unusual and humorous poses is very cool!...

chinapete
07-31-2012, 04:53 AM
haha, I think he's been looking at my Olympian thread :):)...

barnburner
07-31-2012, 05:30 AM
LOL... I suppose he gets the Aluminum medal? Great job Caesar. :) :) :)

limey-g
07-31-2012, 06:02 AM
I like it, but alas, shouldn't he have an Italian flag on his swimwear.:D
Geoff

ruby.freesia
07-31-2012, 06:41 AM
Seems for that player "participation is the key":) Great work!

jibes
07-31-2012, 07:23 AM
Good one Caesar, you are doing a great job depicting a human figure.

semd74
07-31-2012, 07:26 AM
HAHA...this is a good one !!

Caesar
07-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Dear Gary, it's easy to find anathomical studies and drawings in almost all poses on artbooks, but almost impossible to find any reference for more unconventional and embarassing ones such as the one of a crashed diver, so I had to carry out this study by mere imagination. LOL :D Thank You!

I've got more in my mind, dear Pete, but don't know if it would be too much irreverent to draw a counter-Olympics. it looks like some funny event are occurring to the games and the management isn't apparently fully flawless as in China. Thank You!

Maybe, dear Geoff, since our couple of synchronous she-divers threw away a medal in a laste disastrous dive. So we got one medal less and Canada one more than expcted. Unfortunately we failed to get other likely enough medals in other two cases in the swimming pool, as well as in feminine judo and masculine sabre. Nonetheless our medal list is far better than either UK or Canada this far and second to France only in Europe (actually more medals than France too, but a golden one less) .;) Not too bad after all... Thank You!

Thank You, dear Ruby-Freesia, but once is more than enough ...:DLOL

I'm glad you appreciated it, dear Jibes ... even if in rather extreme conditions and pose. :DLOL Thank You!

Right, dear Steve, a really good dive. Actually he's got all 10s because the execution was perfect and he didn't squirt not even a water droplet! ;) LOL Thank You!

coops
07-31-2012, 07:45 PM
This is soooooooo funny Cesare, looks like the water rippled into his muscles. You are so good at these:)

Caesar
07-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Glad You started Your day smiling, dear Katie!
I'm sorry I had to waste such a well fit hunk for my vignette.:eek: Anyway no animal was harmed in this scene, not even an ant.
As for the ripples, I figured out that getting crushed on the floor may have shortened him a little bit, certainly less than a sharpei dog skin though ... :DLOL

Alexandra
08-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Good Lord Cesare! The poor man.LOL! You are indeed really good at these!

pat1940
08-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Caesar, this is so very funny and still laughing, must say you really know how to draw your figures, and always make us laugh, love the muscles, great job

Caesar
08-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Thank You, dear Sandra! It looks like I found my niche ...:D LOL

Goodmorning Pat and hubby! Time to smile or chuckle again! Thank You!

Here the throw was regularly made within the circular spot, but the hammer release technique was far from perfect, so the measure eventually was just 13 cm plus a 4 cm bump. :o

coops
08-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Dear Cesare you really have such a great sense of humour, love the bump on his head:)

Caesar
08-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Thank You, dear Katie! Maybe these accidents would never occur today (as a matter of fact the sportsman attire and the grey tones of the drawing would suggest a vintage picture of a far past time Olimpics Game).

mannafig
08-03-2012, 12:48 AM
Awesomely funny dear Cesare:):)

Caesar
08-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Thank you, dear Amanda!
Now I wonder, shall I go on along this crazy path or shall I celebrate Olympics with more classical, statuary and almost rethoric poses?

chinapete
08-03-2012, 02:36 AM
... go with the flow ... that's the craziest path :):) ...

Caesar
08-03-2012, 02:58 AM
Thank You, but You still have to see Mary Ann's "Food with an Attitude" thread in the Projects forum ... LOL;)

pat1940
08-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Caesar, love this path, I think we all need a laugh and you really do that for us, so keep them coming, thankyou again for the great laughter

Caesar
08-03-2012, 03:55 AM
Thank you, dear ChP and Pat!
Here's an hyper-speedy drawing then. Actually the joke and the pun was slightly more "intricate" and "spicy", but I tried to keep it in the main gallery and not to have a subsidiary in the After 9 o'Clock section .... therefore I count on Your perspicacity in case. ;)LOL

coops
08-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Is that what they mean by falling for some one???? Another great and amusing sketch Cesare:)

Caesar
08-03-2012, 10:12 PM
... more or less, dear Katie ...LOL;) a brilliant consideration indeed. Thank You!