PDA

View Full Version : The Most Honourable Lee Chie. Not a mandarin though

Caesar
07-28-2012, 12:48 AM
From our mate's self portrait reference, after so much time from my last AR mate's caricature, I decided to give a try too with a graphical and exaggerated interpretation of the night vision picture.
I hope he may like it (and You too of course). ;)

pat1940
07-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Caesar, I really, really enjoy your sketches, you are so good at these

coops
07-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Thats so good dear Cesare, well done again:)

MSIE
07-30-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm impressed! this looks good (even though it's not a female portrait) :) well done Caesar!

Caesar
07-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Thank You, dear Pat! Still looking for a way to get the most finished look with the least of time and effort ...

I'm trying to reduce the lines required to define a face and make those features still look alike and fully evocative of a person, dear Katie. Thank You!

Thank You, dear MSIE. LOL Be assured though that I still prefer drawing and painting female subjects and I can capture sensibly better even their least sex appeal. :D

limey-g
07-31-2012, 06:15 AM
Well I like it Caesar, you are really good at these, they are certainly beyond my skills.
Geoff

ruby.freesia
07-31-2012, 06:37 AM
You caught the expression so well...no reason for your friend to dislike it. None at all for us:)

jibes
07-31-2012, 07:26 AM
I assume you have done a good job here Caesar. :) I am not up on this thread but it looks good to me.

Caesar
07-31-2012, 07:30 PM
-Thank You, dear Geoff! Your skills better concentrate on charming ladies maybe ... it's just a matter of motivation and I can see the difference in my portraits and caricature too! :o

Well, dear Ruby-Freesia, actually he's a mate in here (Leechie) who self-portrayed in his last thread where there was only a night-vision reference picture of him to refer to, so I cannot say anything about its actual likeness..

I guess so too, dear Jibes, but likeness is a subtle issue and one picture only, especially when made with a camera on night settings, are far from enough to get it decently. Thank You!