PDA

View Full Version : Tropea

Caesar
07-26-2012, 02:11 AM
Another watercolor only (except for the basic sketch). From a picture. Several layers, mouse only (the approach doesn't require so much precision) and limited sheet size and resolution. I'm reasonably happy with this watercolor fight and the few simple tricks and settings I used not to mess it all too much.

semd74
07-26-2012, 03:19 AM
I particularly like the castle on the hill and the sky in the BG...well done !!

eighty+
07-26-2012, 05:40 AM
Hail. O. Caesar. O. Mighty One No. Not up to your high standard that

We have come to expect. Ok. Mate. Statte. Bbone. Si. Si. :D

kenmo
07-26-2012, 05:57 AM
Nice results....

Caesar
07-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Dear Steve, you pointed out the parts (I'd include also the sea a beach to some extent) which came out satisfactory enough. The hill ended up in a mess spoilt by attempts to get too much granulation (on a small size rough sheet). Moreover it seems substantially attached. Thank You!

Thank You, dear ATPlus! You're absolutely right as You may read just above in some more detail. AR watercolors remain still a little random as for the outcome whenever you want to get too different effects in a simple and direct way. You should really establishe a precise style, a process and keep practicing for reliability on the outcome.

Not among the best, rather the opposite. Anyway thank you, dear Kenmo.

limey-g
07-27-2012, 12:40 AM
I like it Caesar, a very nice effect you are getting good at water colour.
Geoff

Caesar
07-27-2012, 07:25 PM
You're too kind, dear Geoff! Thank You!

iceaxe
07-27-2012, 08:56 PM
I like the placid tones of the distant horizon, very peaceful !

Caesar
07-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Thank You, dear Iceaxe! That's the decent part of it, the rest a far less successful experiment.

tinzo
07-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Thank You, dear Iceaxe! That's the decent part of it, the rest a far less successful experiment.

it's a pretty good attempt at what is a difficult form of painting. At the moment it seems you are using too much 'Wet on Wet'. :D

Caesar
07-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Apart from the confidence level I may have on my own actual skills (I'm certainly not a watercolor master), I arrived to exactly the same conclusion, dear Brian.
With AR a good wet-on-wet is really hard to achieve (both chromatically and tonally at the same time) I find, either with the watercolor tool setttings or by the wet blending knife.
I started using more layers, but I should use them to add more dry-on-wet (and WC blending mode in case) ratehr than separate objects at different distances.
There are also additional problems due to the lack of a regular granulation option, of a square brush, an round one shape looking like the oil one. Moreover I miss also some way to change brush aspect/ ratio and orientation and even to simulate inclined sheet positions with some waterflowing effect ...
Having said this, watercolor tool is just great, especially if complemented some way by other tyools and features ...
Thank You very much for Your most useful and appreciated comment!

Alexandra
07-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Looks like such a beautiful place to be Cesare.

Caesar
07-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Just a pretty marvellous one among so many other in here, dear Sandra. Have a look to the real picture.