PDA

View Full Version : Castello in Valle d'Aosta - Watercolor

Caesar
07-25-2012, 03:32 AM
Another watercolor test from a picture. A few layer merged progressively (not by WC blending, unfortunately I forgot). To be tweaked.

chinapete
07-25-2012, 05:58 AM
... un punto da cui osservare il tramonto sul Bianco? ... :)

coops
07-25-2012, 06:03 AM
Magical castle and great painting Cesare:)

sabena
07-25-2012, 11:54 AM
wow fantastic watercolor i like this painting:rolleyes:

Caesar
07-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Right, dear Pete! Valle d'Aosta is one of our region with the highest Alpine mountains (manypeaks over 4.000 mt), including the Monte Bianco/ Mont Blanc, the highest top in Europe, we share with France. This region is rich of marvellous medieval mountain castles.
Once also the Savoy, just aside, was part of the state which comprised Piedmont, Nizza, Liguria and Sardinia, but the then king had to pay France with Savoy and Nizza for help against Austrian Empire in the process for re-unify Italy. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Katie! Actually I struggled once more with watercolors in order to use them only to paint and get as much a waterlcolor look as I could. I'm not too satisfied of how i mastered them here. Anyway ...

Not one of my best, dear Sabena, but I'm glad You like it anyway. Thank you!

limey-g
07-26-2012, 01:19 AM
Nicely done Caesar, I think I am seeing a new trend in your paintings.
Geoff

Caesar
07-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Dear Geoff, I'm just trying to finde a way to paint with AR watercolors, giving a watercolor look (tentatively for more than just one style through appropriate use of wet-on-wet, dry-on-wet and some granulation) without making recourse to any complex hint and trick or any other tool except than pencil for initial sketching and, in case, ink pen for outlining. Thank You

semd74
07-27-2012, 12:52 AM
This is a very fine water color piece...I like it...you are getting better :-)

Caesar
07-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah, some windows at least should be tweaked, but it's not that bad. thank You, dear Steve!

iceaxe
07-27-2012, 09:04 PM
The grays remind me a little of Colditz, a program that ran on TV many years ago

Caesar
07-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Thank You, dear Iceaxe. We certainly have plenty of wonderful medieval castles and in our Valle d'Aosta built at remarkable altitudes too. I think the grey color comes from that of the Alps rocks over there and the weather and lighting conditions.