PDA

View Full Version : Free watercolor copy from Alvaro Castagnet

Caesar
07-24-2012, 07:46 PM
One layer, watercolor, knife and eraser only. Better to look at it from some distance to see a clearer scene.

chinapete
07-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Bravo! AC could learn something from you!

eighty+
07-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Onest I tried but nearly got knocked down by a bus do u think their after me :D :D :D

good to see u moving your arse but u may have trouble with your Fan Club WHAT no Birds :eek: :eek: :eek:

..........SLAINTE.................STATTE BBONE...............Si............................ Si................................................ ..:D

limey-g
07-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Nice Idea Caesar and very effective when viewed from a distance.
Geoff

Marilyn Anne
07-25-2012, 01:22 AM
I like all the loose watercolor effects and the subject matter. Very nice!

pat1940
07-25-2012, 02:56 AM
I stood back Caesar and it looks great both close up and back, very nice job

D Akey
07-25-2012, 03:17 AM
Very European city scene feeling.

I like the idea of playing with focus. It's something of a new wrinkle on Impressionism. Nice one, Caesar. :):):)

gxhpainter2
07-25-2012, 03:25 AM
Caesar...WOW... after so many caricature works etc I almost forgot how accomplished a landscape/cityscape artist you are !...this has so many excellent textural and graphical areas and the overall impression is super!... with all the impressive cityscapes in Italy you have available please do more!!... your mastery of AR here shows... most excellent work my friend.:cool::cool::cool::cool: x 10,000 :)

GRSArts
07-25-2012, 03:52 AM
Caesar, very nice. I love the colors.

cartuneman
07-25-2012, 03:33 PM
very cool love the effect...can I just squint my eyes I can't get back far enough in my den....lol

Suz
07-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Wow, it is so juicy!

Really great work!

Caesar
07-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Thank You, dear Chinapete! You're really flattering me, but I must still modestly acknowledge who inspired me this and made the basic composition as well as the tonal scheme. Generally most of the merits are right there.

Hi, dear ATP! It looks like You moved You one out of Your amazing art laboratory, thus I'm glad to know Your legs are doing their duty pretty well again! I understood you risked Your scalp though (more beard than hair actually:o). It's just because buses are too busy to be in time in UK that they don't care of heedless pedestrians and artists in their way lazily enjoying their life and activities according to more natural times. Driving on the wrong side of the road make it also worse. LOL:DThank You also for making me laugh loudly! You're a real hoot!

I wish there were two different types of brushes for watercolor and another couple of features, dear Geoff. Anyway. thank ou!

Thank you, dear Marilyn Ann! It's nice to look at populated and somehow colorful scenes I feel. With watercolor the challenge is to rather suggest than depict and let the mind make the rest if You did it well enough ...

I don't know what your oculist thinks thereabout, dear Pat, but You're possibly right! :DLOL Thank You!

A messy kind of impressionism, dear D Akey, which recovered also tonal impressions and the random loght spot shapes perhaps.CThank YThank Youertainly the concept to meet, to enjoy, to sit and to talk, to sell and buy on the roads and the squares without looking as busy ants or bees swarms are mostly European I think. Obviously the better the climate the longer is the part of the year You can see these scenes. Towns have a more human size and you don't risk to be arrested for vagrancy just because You prefer to walk and look around rather than drive a car (not easy in wide, empty and lonely walksides You may find outside the downtown area of so many US towns) ...:o:o

Thank you, dear Gary. I wish i was half as good as You depict me (:rolleyes: yeah, I wonder how You would actually paint me in Your abstractive interpretation or which is the painting among Yours which would be best matching me ...:confused:)

Colors agaist darks and colored greys. They may really become attractive focal spots ... thank You, dear GRSArts!

Dear Cartuneman, don't worry, by aging Your own sight will help you seeing from fuzzy scenes without squinting, even in Your den ... LOL:D Thank you!

Thank You, dear Suz. You're so kind! Welcome for joining us!