PDA

View Full Version : Just a Glimpse

gxhpainter2
07-23-2012, 08:19 AM
passing reflections from the street in the windows..

chinapete
07-24-2012, 02:53 AM
gary ... the mirroring glass ... I was reading about pier glass the other day ... here's something from the wiki entry:

A pier glass is a mirror which is placed on a pier, i.e. a wall between two windows supporting an upper structure.
It is therefore generally of a long and tall shape to fit the space. It may be as a hanging mirror or as mirrored glass
affixed flush to the pier, in which case it is sometimes of the same shape and design as the windows themselves.

pat1940
07-24-2012, 04:23 AM
Another beautiful bold exciting creation, Gary, this would really spuce up a boring wall lol

gxhpainter2
07-24-2012, 05:27 AM
chinapete. very interesting and funny you should have been reading that... my title for this came from the shapes and the "reflections" of the color and movement of life outside... :)

Pat.. thanks and ya boy these bright colors and textures would make a bold statement on most any wall...:cool::)

Mairzie Dotes
07-24-2012, 06:44 AM
gxhpainter,
An artist can see what other's might overlook. This is an
outstanding expression of multifaceted lights reflecting,
undulating through the imperfections of a glass window.
It glows with color, design and atmosphere! Well done! :)

gxhpainter2
07-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Mairzie Dotes...my most humble thanks..at the time I was not sure about this , the concept of reflections and just catching a glimpse of something with the ' lights reflecting,
undulating through the imperfections of a glass window"was an idea I had been mulling over for quite awhile.. the idea in my mind was not quite what came out here... which happens frequently with me..:):)

Caesar
07-24-2012, 08:44 PM
This is a piece I would really like to touch on canvas to feel and see simulataneously the red and blue strokes ... Very beautiful.

Marilyn Anne
07-25-2012, 01:41 AM
I love to ride and see the windows at night. Very nice!

coops
07-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Like looking through the fence and seeing the flowers next door, nicely done once again GXH:)

barnburner
07-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Neat idea Gary. Well done. :) :)