PDA

View Full Version : Color Expression

gxhpainter2
07-22-2012, 03:07 PM
an expression of colors set in a neutral space.. with chalk and ink lines and oils

Mairzie Dotes
07-22-2012, 07:42 PM
gxhpainter,
You have instantly taken me back to my Crayola Crayon coloring
book days ... only the large box with all of the waxed colors of the
rainbow would do. "Color Expressions" is a high spirited celebration
of creative form, texture and pleasing to the senses palette choices.
Very well painted! :)

limey-g
07-23-2012, 12:56 AM
This is really good, love the depth you have created in the various elements.
Geoff

Caesar
07-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Fascinating how the colors and its material substance interact with the grey base! Wonderful.

coops
07-23-2012, 11:40 PM
So many colours and so many textures create a fab painting, well done:)

barnburner
07-24-2012, 02:20 AM
Great colors. Well done Gary. :) :) :)

gxhpainter2
07-24-2012, 07:46 AM
gxhpainter,
You have instantly taken me back to my Crayola Crayon coloring
book days ... only the large box with all of the waxed colors of the
rainbow would do. "Color Expressions" is a high spirited celebration
of creative form, texture and pleasing to the senses palette choices.
Very well painted! :)

what glorious days those were, breaking open a fresh large box of Crayola's and a big pad of blank paper...:cool::cool:

This is really good, love the depth you have created in the various elements.
Geoff Thanks Geoff..adding the impasto look to certain areas is something newer for me and I wasn't sure how it would work but in some cases it seems to work pretty well..

Fascinating how the colors and its material substance interact with the grey base! Wonderful. Caesar..yes that has been something that has attracted my eye.. how some colors really seem more vibrant when surrounded by very neutral grays. To me the color seems almost to float ..

So many colours and so many textures create a fab painting, well done:) Thanks Katie ... i love your new avatar.. a very creative one.!

Great colors. Well done Gary. :) :) :) Thanks Mike...I really appreciate your continued support and comments..

iceaxe
07-25-2012, 11:01 PM
I like the reserved sense of 3 dimensionality to this, with a safe and peaceful consistency of design. Good work!

Marilyn Anne
07-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Truly like all the colors and shapes just dancing all over the place.

pat1940
07-26-2012, 01:13 AM
Gary, this so appealing to look at, very calming, it does remind me of the crayola crayons, just as Mairzie mentioned, really nice design

gxhpainter2
07-26-2012, 02:13 AM
I like the reserved sense of 3 dimensionality to this, with a safe and peaceful consistency of design. Good work!iceaxe good to hear from you again, happy you appreciate the "impasto" passages of this work..:):)

Truly like all the colors and shapes just dancing all over the place. Marilyn Anne...thanks for stopping by and commenting, I always look forward to what you have to say on my work..:):)

Gary, this so appealing to look at, very calming, it does remind me of the crayola crayons, just as Mairzie mentioned, really nice designThanks Pat I think we need more room in that big 'ol house ;););)

semd74
07-26-2012, 03:21 AM
Well done Gary with a great variety of colors

kenmo
07-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Wonderful choice of colors and amazing design....

gxhpainter2
07-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Steve and Kenmo.... thanks guys glad you like it, always appreciate you stopping by.:):):)

sabena
07-26-2012, 09:00 AM
I like all your abstract because they are color movement and they are fantastics: Rolleyes: