PDA

View Full Version : July fairy in the garden

Caesar
07-18-2012, 01:43 AM
I just wanted to join other mates on this theme while using one of my silhouettes (in the relevant thread among the projects) and carrying out aome experiments.

tinzo
07-18-2012, 01:58 AM
She's a real beauty buddy, well drawn and then given first class skin tones, my only criticism would be the
canvas effect in the background. I think this work stands on its own merit, and does not need that effect.:D :D
If the fairies at the bottom of my garden looked like her, I'd be out there like a shot.

gxhpainter2
07-18-2012, 02:59 AM
Caesar...I want an Italian garden!..:cool::cool:.. we don't have anything like that here in Oregon..:mad:....seriously though this is one of your finest works... the figure painting and the meadow and grasses are excellent and fit well... a super job mate !.

Caesar
07-18-2012, 03:29 AM
Thank You, dear Gary! Everything's pretty like this here, but, unfortunately, the friendly fairy. ;)

Thank You, dear Brian. Following Your great indication, I changed the canvas with a paper sheet. The problem came because I didn't eventually use thick oil paint.

SORRY, I didn't upload and added only now the new version according to Brian's suggestion!

tinzo
07-18-2012, 05:07 AM
She's a beautiful lady. :D

pat1940
07-18-2012, 05:32 AM
Caesar, showed my husband this and he said that she looks very healthy lol and that your really know how to put them together:D:D:D:D:D:Dgreat job

semd74
07-18-2012, 07:05 AM
One of your finest paintings !!

cartuneman
07-18-2012, 09:48 AM
wow very pretty what a find in the garden sir!:o

Alexandra
07-18-2012, 11:10 AM
I am sure that she would be wanted in every garden as long as she didn't steal the husbands.:D Great work Cesare!

L Skylar Brown
07-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Very Nice!!! I once had such a vision in my garden. Tho, it was August, and I had been enjoying quite a bit of wine...

D Akey
07-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Here now. That ain't no fairy. . . If she's a fairy, where's her wings, eh? Another job outsourced. . . She does look as if she's got some talent, mind. . .

Well Caesar, you really know how to celebrate the bacchanal. Very nice painting, I dare say. She looks rather intriguing. . . thoughtful. . . WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! Sorry . . . couldn't help myself. . . I really like July.

Caesar
07-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Dear Pat, it looks like Your husband has curiously similar views to my ones ... :D Unfortunately I just remember how to put them well together at my age. :(:o Thank you!

Thank You, dear Steve! I guess the merit is mostly of the girl look than of my skills though ... ;)

Not being an enthomologist, dear Cartuneman, after observing so many bugs and other kind of insects, I appreciated far more this discovery in the grass of the garden ... :D Thank You!

Dear Sandra, I find she's better than the horrible garden dwarves they used to place in the gardens ... I don't think garden fairies are such a threat for wives ... actually they cook and iron terribly ...:D:o Thank You!

So we may say, no wine, no garden party, dear Skylar! :D Thank You!

Dear D Akey, I suspect fairies, like angels, lose their wings once they eat the Eden's apple and her expression doesn't look as candid as it used to. :rolleyes:;) Thank You!