PDA

View Full Version : Big T

gxhpainter2
07-17-2012, 05:57 AM
an experiment in using a single letter for a compositional element..:):)

barnburner
07-17-2012, 06:20 AM
Neat idea Gary. Well done. :):) :)

Marilyn Anne
07-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Very colorful and interesting and a little bit of a lot of things!

Mairzie Dotes
07-17-2012, 09:51 AM
gxhpainter,
Alphabetically speaking, THIS exuberantly presented T.
is NO WALL FLOWER, weary of being ignored for the
contributions made to the English language and finally
speaking out with GUSTO it is. Example of it's importance,
try saying "Toulouse Lautrec" WITHOUT pronouncing the
T.? :eek:;)
This high spirited piece is a fresh look and presentation
of what a bit of imagination and clever art work can
create! :p

kenmo
07-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Very expressive Gary!!!!

Tanzenkran
07-18-2012, 12:24 AM
This one is a beauty! Always an adventure to look at your paintings.

coops
07-18-2012, 05:14 AM
Like a colourful garment blowing in the wind. Ohhhhhhhh so nice:)

pat1940
07-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Gary, T is for Talent and that is what you have, great experiment

gxhpainter2
07-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Neat idea Gary. Well done. :):) :) Mike thanks.. the idea was from a book I have on composition.. decided to give it a Try..;)

Very colorful and interesting and a little bit of a lot of things! thanks Marilyn ... yes a bit of a hodgepodge and build up.

gxhpainter,
Alphabetically speaking, THIS exuberantly presented T.
is NO WALL FLOWER, weary of being ignored for the
contributions made to the English language and finally
speaking out with GUSTO it is. Example of it's importance,
try saying "Toulouse Lautrec" WITHOUT pronouncing the
T.? :eek:;)
This high spirited piece is a fresh look and presentation
of what a bit of imagination and clever art work can
create! :p
..LOL you make be laugh trying to say Toulouse Lautrec without the T... as always your comments are fun and creative in their own right.. thank you very much!.

Very expressive Gary!!!! thanks for stopping by and saying hi...:cool::o:o

This one is a beauty! Always an adventure to look at your paintings. thanks for your kind comments glad you like my work. :):):):)

Like a colourful garment blowing in the wind. Ohhhhhhhh so nice:) thanks Katie..always fun to get your take on things..:):):):)

Gary, T is for Talent and that is what you have, great experimentPat you are the sweetest.. thanks :D:D:):):)

D Akey
07-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Wondered what became of ol' Joseph and his amazing technicolor dreamcoat. . . T is for "Check them Threads"

For me, a Ray Bradbury fan, who wrote The Illustrated Man, I project onto this image the idea of it being like a screen when unfurled, upon which dreams are projected.

And it hooks into abstract art, well almost all art actually, but especially abstract. I imagine that after all these years of listening to people talking about what they see in your work, you have illustrated, man.

Love the crazy sea serpent. Suggests the old or ancient idea of the unconscious below the surface of the water and it comes up sometimes in a most intimidating way, to exist, or illuminate, or to consume us. Sea monsters are cool that way, and so is abstract art, when done well. You're really using symbolism. I personally like this one a lot on a number of different levels. The image as art is really cool, as theme is really cool, as a musical. . . I haven't seen it but now I guess I must. . .:cool::cool:;)

GO GARY GO!!!!!!!!!!! Put some wings on that sea serpent so he can come into the conscious and really stir things up.

Caesar
07-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Terrific! It seems made of colored marbles and valuable stones!

screenpainter
07-18-2012, 09:40 PM
love the various colors and textures in this one Gary.

Alexandra
07-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Ditto Cesare's comment-just what I was thinking T for terrific! Great one dear Gary-you have such a great talent and style!

gxhpainter2
07-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Wondered what became of ol' Joseph and his amazing technicolor dreamcoat. . . T is for "Check them Threads"

For me, a Ray Bradbury fan, who wrote The Illustrated Man, I project onto this image the idea of it being like a screen when unfurled, upon which dreams are projected.

And it hooks into abstract art, well almost all art actually, but especially abstract. I imagine that after all these years of listening to people talking about what they see in your work, you have illustrated, man.

Love the crazy sea serpent. Suggests the old or ancient idea of the unconscious below the surface of the water and it comes up sometimes in a most intimidating way, to exist, or illuminate, or to consume us. Sea monsters are cool that way, and so is abstract art, when done well. You're really using symbolism. I personally like this one a lot on a number of different levels. The image as art is really cool, as theme is really cool, as a musical. . . I haven't seen it but now I guess I must. . .:cool::cool:;)

GO GARY GO!!!!!!!!!!! Put some wings on that sea serpent so he can come into the conscious and really stir things up. D Akey you have seen into this work. I found it liberating in a way to have a simple compositional element and then overlay it with the shimmering dreams of the illustrated man..glad you liked the sea serpent that was a bit of inspiration in mid stream of consciousness..:D:D

Terrific! It seems made of colored marbles and valuable stones! thanks mate :cool::cool:

love the various colors and textures in this one Gary. Albert glad you stopped by for a visit and found this an interesting art piece.

Ditto Cesare's comment-just what I was thinking T for terrific! Great one dear Gary-you have such a great talent and style! Sandy that is a huge complement coming from someone of your limitless talents..:D:D

silvy
07-22-2012, 05:25 AM
GreaT:D:D painting and Texture:D!!

iceaxe
07-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Good lighting and contrasts, and a good distance from the stable. I like these exploratory forays

gxhpainter2
07-29-2012, 03:02 AM
GreaT:D:D painting and Texture:D!!Thanks silvy...:cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
07-29-2012, 03:04 AM
Good lighting and contrasts, and a good distance from the stable. I like these exploratory foraysThanks iceaxe ... this was far afield from my normal ..