PDA

View Full Version : Coarse Ground

gxhpainter2
07-15-2012, 10:31 AM
rough around the edges and bold at heart ...

Marilyn Anne
07-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Like the colors and all the excitement!

gxhpainter2
07-16-2012, 02:23 AM
Marilyn Anne....so happy to have you stop by and comment on this piece..glad you like this color arrangement ..:):)

cartuneman
07-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Nice one!! The colors most definitely grab your attention but also the texture and the movement of the lines speak volumes. I LIKE IT!!!;)

pat1940
07-16-2012, 05:00 AM
Gary, you are right, Bold, bold and beautiful, texture great and another winner, do you ever have any losers lol:D:D:D:D:D

Mairzie Dotes
07-16-2012, 07:48 AM
gxhpainter,
This creative expression is riveting, stirring and stimulating to the
senses. Eye catching and unabashed in lively, energy infused
palette choices and artful design. Excellent work! :)

gxhpainter2
07-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Nice one!! The colors most definitely grab your attention but also the texture and the movement of the lines speak volumes. I LIKE IT!!!;) cartuneman - a big thanks and I am very pleased that you found the textures and movment to your liking..

Gary, you are right, Bold, bold and beautiful, texture great and another winner, do you ever have any losers lol:D:D:D:D:D LOL thanks Pat as a matter of fact I have a few thousand ( literally ) that are not so hot..but as I am sure you are finding out study ( of good works ) and lots of practice can pay big dividends..:cool::cool:

gxhpainter,
This creative expression is riveting, stirring and stimulating to the
senses. Eye catching and unabashed in lively, energy infused
palette choices and artful design. Excellent work! :) MD... I have to say i always look forward to seeing your commentary on peoples work, it has a great literary quality and very perceptive, so I am really tickled with your comments on my work..:):):):) thanks!.

Marilyn Anne
07-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I have a very active delete button as I often paint works that I don't care for very much.

D Akey
07-17-2012, 02:11 AM
Framed pics within framed pics -- almost like the rabbit hole has been charted, a geo logic geo graphic. Very nice blending of the colors within those frames within frames within.

GeO MAN GeO!

tinzo
07-17-2012, 02:47 AM
Excellent work, full of colour and energy, a feast for ones eyes. :D

gxhpainter2
07-17-2012, 03:40 AM
I have a very active delete button as I often paint works that I don't care for very much. LOL well I guess there are a few of us..I think one of the things I learned along the way was how to take a disaster in the making and work it into something not terrible...:):):)

Framed pics within framed pics -- almost like the rabbit hole has been charted, a geo logic geo graphic. Very nice blending of the colors within those frames within frames within.

GeO MAN GeO!the RHD secret decoder map REVEALED!... you may be right but please keep this secret close to your chest..;);)

Excellent work, full of colour and energy, a feast for ones eyes. :D Brian, thank you very much for stopping by and the great comments, it means a lot to me as a Sunday painter and hobbyist to have someone of your caliber reach out with some encouragement ..:o:o:o

shadowslake
07-17-2012, 03:44 AM
I really wish I understood paintings like thease beter. The colors are pleasing to look at and the arangement works well togather. I just don't know how to evaluate its quality with my lack of understanding. Please educate me so that I may enjoy it beter?

Alexandra
07-17-2012, 04:09 AM
Great work Gary, always fantastically colorized and fun to view.:):):):)

gxhpainter2
07-17-2012, 04:29 AM
I really wish I understood paintings like thease beter. The colors are pleasing to look at and the arangement works well togather. I just don't know how to evaluate its quality with my lack of understanding. Please educate me so that I may enjoy it beter? shadowslake.... thanks for your comments and honest question regarding this abstract.. There are many books, and web sites dedicated with statements regarding abstract painting and I am not that good a deep explanations but I can give you a glimpse into my painting history and current direction.

I started much as you doing landscapes, figure drawing in charcoal, watercolors and oil paints trying to achieve a sense of realism and light and dark.. I followed this for probably 20-25 years and improved a lot. I had a lot of people that liked that work and sold quite a few. But after awhile I wanted to explore more colors, and was more interested in textures, making interesting lines and planes of color that still used proven compositional techniques, and color harmonies ( that I picked up by reading and study of other painters work).. so now the work is not about representing a " scene" or "object" as much as it is about tapping into an inner state of mind and emotion and letting it come out...a more intuitive approach ( Katie Coops does this for example but she uses the dance to portray her ideas )..I like the challenge of finding and relating unusual colors together and creating expressive textures and line work via brushes.. as I near the completion of a work I evaluate it for tonal contrasts ( are the convincing in the work, and give it depth and movement) the overall composition are the shapes interesting and well placed? do they convey the story , idea or emotion I was looking for? all of these are the same things any representational artist would ask. so you see you already have a pretty good clue when you say " the colors are pleasing and the arrangement works well together" you intuitively sense that quality, there are reasons that they do and that comes from study. All of this is JUST my current take on my works and there are many other concepts and ideas expressed via abstracts. I hope this helps..:):):):)

shadowslake
07-18-2012, 01:10 AM
It does help to understand. I do like the painting. It would brighten up a room for sure.

Caesar
07-18-2012, 03:46 AM
Youseem to have a sort of catalan taste fol colors and a talent for textures selection. This time I was thinking also to Gaudý.

silvy
07-18-2012, 05:04 AM
Really pleasant to watch:D
I like it very much!!

gxhpainter2
07-22-2012, 06:42 AM
It does help to understand. I do like the painting. It would brighten up a room for sure.shadowslake glad this explanation helped..

Youseem to have a sort of catalan taste fol colors and a talent for textures selection. This time I was thinking also to Gaudý. how cool another Catalan ( Juan Miro ) is one of my long time favorite artists..

Really pleasant to watch:D
I like it very much!! thanks so much silvy...:cool:

Caesar
07-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Yes, Mir˛,... but don't forget the colors of Joaquin Mir, Pablo Picasso, Gaudý and many more up to a todays watercolorist like Alvaro Castagnet ...

gxhpainter2
07-24-2012, 02:19 AM
Caesar...hmmm I was not aware that these great painters were Catalan... but now I will look at their works with new eyes thanks to you !..:cool::cool:

chinapete
07-24-2012, 02:49 AM
So ... am I the only one who sees this as a subtle still life of a coffee cup with beans visible ... or has someone mentioned this already? .. maybe the title encourages me to think that way ...

gxhpainter2
07-24-2012, 03:01 AM
LOL chinapete you are unique as we all know as is your vision of this work.. but it works for me... glad you added your unique commentary... ;):):):)