PDA

View Full Version : Another Pencil Drawing

dcahall
07-14-2012, 08:59 AM
OK - This is the second horse from the Lee Ames book. I personally like my paper version better. I am finding it a little easier to control the drawing tool on paper than the Wacom tablet but I am trying to learn.

Rey Marz
08-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Nice sketch though! Yeah, sometimes it's a little disorienting, sketching with a tablet. A good exercise that helps me is sketching or painting over photographs or drawings scanned from paper and pencil. Recently I've tried using ArtRage's tracing program, which was surprisingly useful.

dcahall
08-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the comments.

I have not done anything of logged on for a while now. I was a little discouraged because I had not received any comments at all. I love the program but I have never drawn or painted before. When I retired, I bought a Wacom Bamboo tabled and thought I would try to learn to draw or paint and was really excited when I found the ArtRage software. I also was encouraged when I saw the amount of feedback people got in the Talk Graphics forum but have have very few comments on the items I have posted.

I have looked at a lot of tutorials but have still not got the "hang" of the software. I love the paint tools but have not caught on about how to use them correctly.

Once again, thanks for your comments and I am sorry it took my so long to thank you.

dcahall
08-25-2012, 04:29 AM
Thanks for the comments.

I also was encouraged when I saw the amount of feedback people got in the Talk Graphics forum but have have very few comments on the items I have posted.

Sorry, I meant to say the ArtRage Community. Talk Graphics is the forum for another product I use.

franc
08-27-2012, 09:28 PM
That's a nice little sketch. Keep going. You will find that you probably get more feedback if you put your work on the gallery section of the forums------ most people seem to visit there.

paralel
09-17-2012, 01:59 AM
Nice...nice...i like pencil

dcahall
09-17-2012, 06:58 AM
Nice...nice...i like pencil

Thanks......I would like to learn how to do this in some other medium as well. I m trying to teach myself to draw/paint and the book I am learning from is all pencil drawings.