PDA

View Full Version : Beam Me Up Scotty!

Alexandra
07-14-2012, 03:22 AM
Just had to make another one....
I know it is a little campy, but they are such fun to make.:D

gxhpainter2
07-14-2012, 03:27 AM
Hi Sandy...actually I think these would be great for kids in their room , they are fun and colorful.. just one comment question in this one ( which I really like ) the field of white dots covers everything evenly top to bottom over the large yellow planet and the rocks etc., I was thinking they were star field? I think they would be more effective if you mask off some areas like the planets, or rocks etc... what do you think?:cool::cool::D:D

Alexandra
07-14-2012, 03:40 AM
I think you are right Gary-and I will do just this. Thanks for the helpful advice dear man.
(What do you think of a SciFi art project thread?-I don't know...maybe we already have one. So many are in the fantasy thread. Maybe change the title?????:p)

Alexandra
07-14-2012, 04:16 AM
I have to run Gary, but I hope you like this one better!

gxhpainter2
07-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Sandy..wow that was quick, must have had that effect on its own layer... I do like this better... much better.. yes a sci-fi / fantasy thread would had quite a few contributors from this forum and kind of deserves is own area... our friend Bobby, Waheed sometimes... Bobbi, and others come to mind

D Akey
07-14-2012, 05:34 AM
Now you're cooking with gas! . . . sorry old mid-century slogan. Speaking of mid-century, other than that it's in color, you could have been working for the B Movies.

Doesn't the term mid-century carry such an old feeling? I know it's just a way to sell old furniture and crap, but really folks. . . I refuse to call myself a mid-Centurian. . . least not until I find myself on somebody's lawn at a garage sale and come to find there's a piece of masking tape on my forehead with .25 cents written on it.

Anyway, this is a great series. You seem to be getting really good at elipses. Nice cinematic image. You may one day want to get a software program in which you can do Ken Burns moves and do a bit of a moving slide show, complete with music and sound effects. They would be great for that kind of thing. You could do your own voice overs, of steal some Star Trek dialog. Great fun. Nicely painted, Alexandra!

barnburner
07-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Nice work Sandy. I think a SciFi thread sounds like a great idea. :) :) :)

Alexandra
07-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks Gary. I am so glad you liked this one better, and yes the star shower was on its own layer.
I started a sci fi thread...I hope there isn't one already. I wonder who will be the first to upload a painting???

Haha D Akey, we are in the times huh? I'm so pleased you liked it. These are so fun. I've learned so much since I have been here.

Thanks so much Mike. I hope you will feel like making one for the thread dear friend.

Mairzie Dotes
07-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Alexandra,
What a light hearted, dreamspun piece. I would suspect
that these UFO travelers might be of the friendlier outer
limits species. Colorful and dramatically out of this world
cool! :)

pat1940
07-15-2012, 12:42 AM
I would hope they are friendly Sandy lol great job

coops
07-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Fantastic once again Sandy, these would make great greetings cards:)

Alexandra
07-15-2012, 07:45 AM
I love your comments MaryAnn, thank you! I suspect you are right. I think they are looking for some of your delicious pizza or perhaps Ovaltine.

I think so dear Pat. Though I am wondering when our country will admit that they are out there. Mexico has, and other countries are beginning to. Seriously wonder about it all.

I didn't think of this Katie. What a great idea. Thank you dear lady!

tinzo
07-16-2012, 01:04 AM
I simply love sic-fi Sandy and this rendering of a flying saucer taking off/landing is super. :D

Alexandra
07-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Hi Brian, I was just about to sign off and saw your post. Thanks so much dear man! I am afraid I am guilty of doodling from time to time and these are a major doodle fix for me. I hope you will be able to upload your fantastic oil painting with the space ship in it in the sci fi art thread.
Thanks again Bri!

Marilyn Anne
07-16-2012, 07:07 AM
Nicely painted and I loved the show!

Alexandra
07-17-2012, 04:33 AM
Thanks so much dear Marilyn Anne!