PDA

View Full Version : July garden Fairy

cartuneman
07-08-2012, 05:52 AM
now off to paint the bathroom ......wish I could use art rage to do that chore...... hope you all like this one?

fraser_paice
07-08-2012, 06:48 AM
You know mate... you make it all look so simple, the lighting, the simple strokes... I could go off you.

cartuneman
07-08-2012, 08:03 AM
thanks Fraser, lol I used about ever tool on the old program to create this.....Then I exported it over to photoshop and added lighting effects....it gave me fits to begin with cause when I originaly painted this I had about 4 different sources of light. It drove me nuts for a few weeks trying different things to get this to look right. ...it was kinda by dumb luck that it looks this way cause I had double clicked on the lighting effects in photoshop and this is how it turned out. So, I left it that way and I'm sticking to it lol thanks for commenting !

coops
07-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Brilliantly done Cartuneman, the lighting is fantastic. We must have been on the dame sort of wavelength as I am posting a fairy one too.
Your fairy has a beautiful face and I really like the flowers around her:)

RobertSWade
07-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Always so worth the wait, John, to see your next work.

cartuneman
07-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Lol coops....thank you for your kind comments..wanna know a lil secret? I was working on this last night and around 1 am I fell asleep:eek: at the computer with my stylus in hand and what ever I did in my sleep I a had some how made a streak down the Fairy's side:( When I woke up later I didn't see what I had done till I got up this morning and went to finish the painting lol....... I had made a long green stroke down her side well instead of backing up I added leaves and vines all over her hahahaha worked....:rolleyes: glad you liked it

Alexandra
07-08-2012, 10:12 AM
John, this is such a beautiful scene. I too love the lighting and overall magical feel to this precious little fairy and the fairy lights about her. Great work as always!

gxhpainter2
07-08-2012, 10:16 AM
John what a kick I love your story of the struggle you went through, us amateur painters often wrongly think that works of this quality just flow out with little effort...your wit and honesty is an encouragement and well appreciated.. This is really a stunning piece..

limey-g
07-08-2012, 11:24 PM
This is so lovely, so nicely thought out, I guess now you will have to think of a way to transpose it onto the bathroom wall.:)
Geoff

GRSArts
07-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Beautiful painting. I really am amazed at your ability.

pat1940
07-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Love this one CM I think you should put her on your bathroom wall lol:D:D

jibes
07-09-2012, 04:46 AM
Very nicely done! You do good work!

Caesar
07-09-2012, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't use to many words to express the considerable appreciation of this marvellous painting .. since I think I'm going in the garden right now ... ;)LOL

cartuneman
07-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't use to many words to express the considerable appreciation of this marvellous painting .. since I think I'm going in the garden right now ... ;)LOL

I have to agree with you Caesar, After I finished this I just sat and stared at it for about an hour...Truly I Did, Sometimes i wish like the kid inside me still lives and I believe they exist. A large poster of this now resides upon my wall in the Den.

thanks everyone for liking this It is one of my very own favorites to date,:)

D Akey
07-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Maybe it's because you are around women all the time, but you are very good with not only the female form, but you get a certain essence of the coquette, without batting eyelashes behind fans and hoop skirts on the plantation, though you could doubtless do that if you wanted to. But I really get that these females you do have all of that despite that they are not displaying it that way. It's an interesting trick that may be in the faces. The faces are really nice and convey much. It's subtle and it works.

shadowslake
07-10-2012, 11:48 PM
What a lovely work of art. Keep up the good work.

kenmo
07-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Superb work....

cartuneman
07-14-2012, 03:34 PM
in answer to you D Akey, lol I'm not around women all the time. Although My wife and daughters would disagree lol but what i think it may be is I find the female persuasion to be so intriguing and always have. I always look for that beauty that resides within everyone and the angelic traits that all women poses. I try to paint or convey that in my art. I also like looking at and recreating those nuances that women have that capture every ones eye.The seductiveness of just the right twinkle in an eye can change a painting from Loving to erotic. Those are the things I try to master. Just like a word. It's all in how you say it. With art, it's all in how you convey it. Do you agree?

And thank you so very much kenmo and shadowslake

D Akey
07-14-2012, 04:44 PM
in answer to you D Akey, lol I'm not around women all the time. Although My wife and daughters would disagree lol but what i think it may be is I find the female persuasion to be so intriguing and always have. I always look for that beauty that resides within everyone and the angelic traits that all women poses. I try to paint or convey that in my art. I also like looking at and recreating those nuances that women have that capture every ones eye.The seductiveness of just the right twinkle in an eye can change a painting from Loving to erotic. Those are the things I try to master. Just like a word. It's all in how you say it. With art, it's all in how you convey it. Do you agree?

Yes, I agree. To be able to control the twinkle in a woman's eye is true mastery. . . and I mean that for painting women too. :p Hahaha

But yeah, you're right, it is being able to control one's images to that degree is mastery, without a doubt. Not the only kind of mastery, but for my money it's the best one can do with painting people with heart -- to get them to act in an engaging way however that shakes out, to have the model on canvas tell the story convincingly.

There are those kinds of painting where the story is not in people, but in the mood a whole painting evokes, where they don't have the luxury of having someone tell the story. That is fascinating as well. My personal taste goes to a bit of both. I made my living as a realist, more along the lines of what you do. But I really admired those who could go very artistic with their paintings and yet somehow maintain the sureness of the feeling they were after in fresh artsy ways. (not talking about the abstractionists who cater to the intellect, because they're employing different considerations often times)

But, my friend, your models tell a story, and to my eye (having only seen what you have put up in the forums over the years) your women seem to have a wee bit more depth of characterization. Your cowboys and fantasy characters are really good, and your lighting and color have been stunning in your still life setups/rooms (depending on the subject), but those gals. . . yeah they're mesmerizing.

What do they say, the eyes are the windows to the soul. . . and the ladies are rather adept at window dressing. And because they're into it, it's easy for us to be into it as well. It's sort of a primal dance. We learn and get inspired by their level of mastery over their art, which often times is in a look.

tinzo
07-14-2012, 10:05 PM
A simply wonderful piece of work john, beautifully painted with a fine use of the light sources found in PS.
Standing out is the painting of the fairy, who's profile somehow reminds me of a young Jane Fonda during
her "barbarella" period, one of my dream girls during that time in my life. However, I can't tell you the sort
of dreams I had about Miss Fonda.:o:o:o

cartuneman
07-15-2012, 04:27 AM
Thank you Tinzo, I really appreciate the compliment from you, it means a lot to me. D Akey again you are spot on.....that mastered look captures the heart of every man.......