PDA

View Full Version : Friday's Play

gxhpainter2
07-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Started this a last friday and finally finished today..hope you enjoy this exploration into brushwork, texture and the color blue..

barnburner
07-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Very nice work Gary. :) :) :)

coops
07-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Looks like a lot of fun, well done:)

Tanzenkran
07-08-2012, 09:32 AM
That is two in a row from you that I must comment on. Love the colors and composition.

RobertSWade
07-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Frigg would be proud to call it her own.

gxhpainter2
07-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Very nice work Gary. :) :) :)BB...thanks my friend, thanks for stopping by.

Looks like a lot of fun, well done:) katie..glad you like this one.

That is two in a row from you that I must comment on. Love the colors and composition. Tanzenkran...thanks for your comment and glad you like these last couple..

Frigg would be proud to call it her own. Robert... had to use Wikipedia to find out your reference , glad I did and quite happy to have you stop by and comment.

cartuneman
07-08-2012, 10:01 AM
love the colors and the comp nice stuff man!

screenpainter
07-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Delicious colors Gary and a wonderful child like quality along the lines of Klee. Visually beautiful and a wonderful deep purple blue.

chinapete
07-09-2012, 01:52 PM
gary, for this one, the frame does work nicely as a kind of picture-window, and strangely enough, the scene reminds me of a view I had many years ago from a hotel room in Hong Kong, where I could look out over the busiest harbor in the world ... in the upper left of your picture, that could be a tugboat, the little reddish one of someone's childhood ...

semd74
07-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Well done Gary...and I havent mentioned this before but I like the frames you use on your painting...gives them a nice finished look

gxhpainter2
07-10-2012, 03:02 AM
love the colors and the comp nice stuff man! thanks that is a wonderful complement coming from you !

Delicious colors Gary and a wonderful child like quality along the lines of Klee. Visually beautiful and a wonderful deep purple blue. Albert so happy you like that quality, I too liked its simplicity yet the colors were so deep and joyful.

gary, for this one, the frame does work nicely as a kind of picture-window, and strangely enough, the scene reminds me of a view I had many years ago from a hotel room in Hong Kong, where I could look out over the busiest harbor in the world ... in the upper left of your picture, that could be a tugboat, the little reddish one of someone's childhood ... Thanks ChinaPete... it does have that quality of looking down from a high building at the streets below and river beyond..

Well done Gary...and I havent mentioned this before but I like the frames you use on your painting...gives them a nice finished look Thanks Steve, and thanks for the note about the framing...I take a lot of pains to "finish" the work off with them..

Caesar
07-10-2012, 06:38 PM
I love it! You got a divine type of blue, nicely surrounded by other colors and tones to emphasize its magnificence and Your brushwork and textures, richly and ordely painted, further add to it a sort of concrete and touchable feeling as well as the feeling of calm and rational structure.

Alexandra
07-10-2012, 11:15 PM
A joyful palette Gary, reminding of a day at the beach and viewing the parasailors.

gxhpainter2
07-11-2012, 09:12 AM
I love it! You got a divine type of blue, nicely surrounded by other colors and tones to emphasize its magnificence and Your brushwork and textures, richly and ordely painted, further add to it a sort of concrete and touchable feeling as well as the feeling of calm and rational structure. Caesar you make me blush.. your eloquent comments add so much ... thanks so much dear friend.. :):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

A joyful palette Gary, reminding of a day at the beach and viewing the parasailors. Sandy I am so glad the joy here has shone on your day...:cool::cool:

sabena
07-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Fun and Fantastic abstract, great conjugation of colors:rolleyes: