PDA

View Full Version : Album leaf: Magpie

chinapete
07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
... and blossoms ... AR iPhone oil brush, iPad w/c and various tools for blending ...

jibes
07-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Expertly done and on an iPhone as well, very impressive!

chinapete
07-06-2012, 12:37 AM
... the iPhone as an extension of my hand records the psychic thumbprint later developed into a design and then a painting ...

gxhpainter2
07-06-2012, 05:21 AM
oh WOW.... I love the colors and mix of soft blending and sharp edges, white and black...a bit different that most of your previous works but still retains the essence of your style and colors.. I would love this as a 24" print.. I could have many hours looking at it rich and subtle color harmonies.:cool::cool:

pat1940
07-06-2012, 05:45 AM
Very impressive chinapete, really like this

chinapete
07-06-2012, 12:14 PM
... pat, thanks, you've been busy recently :) ... gary, scale is very important, and if you think it will play large, that's great :) ... truth be told, if I'd done this with traditional materials, say in oils, I would have chosen a larger rather than smaller canvas ... as it was, I had to resist thinking small as I worked it out on the iPhone and later on the iPad ... after it was done, the "bleeding" made me think of Frankenthaler, and she usually worked large ... but I wasn't going for the "thinned-out oil on raw canvas" effect, instead I was trying for ink on paper, and at the same time experimenting with different depths for black ...

D Akey
07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
It's rather difficult to make out, but from what I can see, you painted a magpie vampire who is sucking the life blood out of his bird victim, and a frightfully sloppy eater he is too.

Very Dra- Cool and unusual, Pete. :eek:

chinapete
07-07-2012, 12:48 AM
haha, D Akey, I think I know which avatar is commenting :D ...

... there's room for a thread in the discussion area, something on the ways in which modern art dissolves into a kind of rorschach test, revealing as much about the audience as the artwork itself ... in the labyrinth of associations loosely called my mind, as I read your description I thought of Turner's "Slavers," a painting that agitated virtually the entire viewing public of his time, including our very own Mark Twain ... One report described it as "a tortoise-shell cat having a fit in a platter of tomatoes" ...