PDA

View Full Version : Higgs Boson - God Particle Found !

L Skylar Brown
07-05-2012, 01:21 AM
In honor of today's announcement, I'm posting my favorite of my Collider (3a) images, again

Caesar
07-05-2012, 02:23 AM
A most appropriate artistic tribute, dear Skylar!
I listened to the conference this morning and understood guts of what they reported. It was moving to see Dr. Higgs eventually dropping a couple of tears before shaking hands with the presenting lady and I found it great that the collective effort of so many countries and people from all over got such a fundamental result. If only we could always collaborate all together to solve problems rather than make war of any kind to each other or feed our greeds ....

Alexandra
07-05-2012, 03:59 AM
I wonder still what it all means? Different things to different people. Beautiful design dear Skylar. Be careful though with these cool works, or you will fall into the rabbit hole with the rest of us.:rolleyes::p;)

L Skylar Brown
07-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Caesar, Sandy - Thanks so much for commenting. Not sure what this really means, maybe we will find even smaller particles, ad-infinitum!

RobertSWade
07-08-2012, 10:59 AM
It means that Einstein is still a genius. It was his equations and the natural progression of them that predicted not only the Higgs-Boson particle but such things as Black Holes and Dark Matter and etc.

RobertSWade
07-08-2012, 11:01 AM
By the way, would someone please feed Schrodinger's cat?

silvy
07-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Great tribute Skylar.:)
I was very impressed of the Dr. Higgs' commotion . See one man's dream realized after so many years has been exciting.

By the way, would someone please feed Schrodinger's cat?
Is not so easy to feed ....is it alive or dead?:D:rolleyes:

RobertSWade
07-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Great tribute Skylar.:)
I was very impressed of the Dr. Higgs' commotion . See one man's dream realized after so many years has been exciting.

Is not so easy to feed ....is it alive or dead?:D:rolleyes:

I'm afraid to look. :cool: