PDA

View Full Version : Addio Sergio Pinifarina!

Caesar
07-04-2012, 11:48 PM
FAREWELL SERGIO PININFARINA!

He died yesterday night. Son of the design genius Pinin, he lead the growth and success of an industry which is one of leading Italian trademarks of car design and style, thus of the world.
He was able to stand to his father's legendary fame and had many additional interests and talents.
Many among the most beautiful cars ever in the world and among collectors, and in particular several Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and a few Fiat exclusive models were designed by him and his team. His people will miss him and also our dear mate Pink Panther iI guess.
I made yesterday a little, quick tribute to him that I hope You will appreciate also if it not an either accurate car design or a refined painting, least an artpiece. I used chalk on one of my backgrounds.

Gaia
07-05-2012, 01:44 AM
As a proud owner of an old Peugeot 403 (design Pininfarina) I think it's a wonderful tribute you have painted Caesar!

semd74
07-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Fantastic !!

L Skylar Brown
07-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Very Touching. I had a little red Alfa convertible. I loved it, always wished that I had kept it.

Caesar
07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Thank You, dear Gaia! Living now into so much mediocrity, fake celebrities, pirates and fads, a tribute to great people, to visionnaires and to intelligence (just as for the Higgs boson confirmation) is more than due to tell our sons where values really are.

A free-hand, loose one, just to quickly give an "impression". Thank You, dear Steve!

Thank you, dear Skylar. There's always a market, I think, for nice vintage cars, even when they're not rarities, as far as I know from people who like collecting and refurbishing them.

coops
07-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Awwwwwww poor sad car but fine fun painting Cesare:)

jibes
07-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I was gonna say that I liked the background (well there I go, I did say it after all:cool:) because one doesn't usually see a car with that sort of bg. Good job Caesar!

Caesar
07-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Right, dear Katie! That car is orphan now ... Thank You!

Dear Jibes, as a car design jewel it deserved to lie on a velvet-like background as a ring in a box. Thank You!

D Akey
07-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Sad, eh? Fine automobile designs. But the Italian models I used to try out were small for my legs, cute as they were. . . the cars, not my legs.

Very stylish, always. Again, I'm referring to the cars.

barnburner
07-06-2012, 10:57 PM
A fine tribute indeed. Well done Caesar. :) :)

pat1940
07-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Very nice tribute and painting Caesar, my husband and I love vintage cars and we go to car shows when they are around, I only wish we could afford to buy one:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
07-07-2012, 02:11 AM
COOOOORRRR Thanks O MIGHTY ONE reminds me of all my car's not Italien one's though as they where for the upper uppers yeah the sort of cars i had where the type

where the milage clock had been wound back a few tmes and looked simular to the car in your painting :D :D :D...............STATTE BBONE Si SI :D

RobertSWade
07-08-2012, 11:06 AM
And with that sad passing, a new Constellation is born.
Well felt Cesare.

Weeks
07-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Great job Caesar :)

Best,

Weeks

Caesar
07-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Dear D Akey, either You tried to enter into a 500 or You probably exceed 100% percentile even on airplanes, so You could not become a fighter pilot capable to ejecting in case ... LOL. You're right though. I guess in the 60ies people in many places of Europe and in Italy didn't attain the full size they reached when plenty of food and vitamines became abundant here too. Moreover in US everything was oversize and made with no economy at all. Europeans therefore shared a little bit of the American dream by imagination. Thank You (and Your legs).:o

They're very beautiful indeed, more than today ones for me, but You're right, dear Pat, they require much care and some spare money. Thank You!

Dear ATPlus, with Your age You must have seen (and hopefully driven) quite a number of real beauties (cars I mean). Now it was Hamilton time to drive cars in Silverstone, but it didn't rain as expected, did it? ;) Thank You!

Dear Bob, what a pleasure Your raid back in here after Tinzo recent come back! I hope everything's great with You! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Weeks! Not an accurate work, just an extemporary quick tribute.