PDA

View Full Version : Stilllife with bonsai (with my musical composition).

waheednasir
01-30-2007, 08:41 AM
hi there everyone...:), sharing my recent digital painting, "Stilllife with Bonsai", done in artrage.
worked on to capture textures/surfaces/materials of various sorts, from soft to reflective/glossy to hard. I do have these objects but didnt arrange them while painting this, its all self-visualized and composed. all painted from scratch, using tablet.

the reason i came here after some gap is that im busy making my own musical compositions these days. one has been done and i would like to share that too with u.
its my own score/composition, that has a melancholy mood and its done in a story telling manner, ive titled it, "That lonesome journey". the title says it all, i hope u like it. ive made it in fl studio. no built-loops or riffs used.

here is the link to download:

That lonsome journey.
http://www.waheednasir.com/Scores/That_lonesome_journey_-_Waheed_Nasir.mp3

thanks for your time...cheers all...:).

Mouse
01-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Love the music. Harmonic Industrial. Do you have more ?

Verticae
01-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Holy eyegasm.

D Akey
01-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Great painting Waheed!

I really like this one. Everything has something going on including the dark shadow area to the left. Very nice surfaces.

I also like how the tree sorta fades back into shadow, but more than enough is visible to imply a complete object.

Interesting, but your music link has a very very similar feel to the way you paint, believe it or not. It's dramatic, with dark punch with light dazzles coming in and disappearing back into the dark percussion of the low drums.

Very dramatic in both cases.

Thanks for sharing your wealth.

:D :D :D

AndyRage
01-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Fantastic light and shadow, and fantastic surfaces. As always - fantastic!

The music is great too. I work well to music like that.

ENCHANTER
01-30-2007, 12:04 PM
yep wonderful as always..........the style and detail............the little blades of grass hanging over the edge..........wonderful

Lee
01-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Dear Waheed, breathtaking painting, love the distant thunder of your music composition too, have listened to it quite a few times,,,,, now, just my impression, i hear a Native American Indian rhythm and can see them on their long trails,,,,,,,,guess we all have a lonsome journey to follow , but we "keep on truckin' " ,,,,thanks for my first mp3 too !!!!!!!

Cold Revolver
01-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Godly painting amigo.

heikki
01-30-2007, 08:55 PM
:)

Hei Waheed. I think that this is you top ten work. Excellent and harmony. Thanks to show it hear.

:)

Selby
01-30-2007, 10:06 PM
hi Waheed a beautiful piece..love how the pot to the left wanders off into the shadows..and love the touches of green on the wheat at the front

Selby

waheednasir
01-31-2007, 06:59 AM
Mouse, Verticae, D Akey, AndyRage, ENCHANTER, Lee, Cold Revolver, heikki, Selby...many many thanks for your time and admiring this painting and the music...:). feel great to read your comments...thanks a lot.

mouse...im working on more of my own compositions these days, ill share more soon...:). u can visit my website (music section to download my guitar playing though)...:).

d akey...i like your the way uve matched my music with my paintings...:). glad u u like both...:).

lee, thats a nice interpretation mate...:).

once again, thank u so much everyone...really appreciate your presence here.

good day.

Fashmir
01-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Waheed- Brilliant lighting and colors as usual. I'm downloading music next. :)

Deathbstrd
01-31-2007, 11:50 AM
That's an awesome painting! Really well done, nice work on the glass and the different surfaces.

Thirsty Eye
01-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Perfect..

This leaves me speechless, since words can't express...

Thanks Waheed for sharing...

Ulmo
01-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Here Here, Thirsty Eye! Never said a truer thing! Great Painting!

waheednasir
02-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Fashmir, Deathbstrd, Thirsty Eye and Ulmo...u are all so kind...thanks a lot for admiring this so much...:). much appreciated.

have a lovely day...cheers all.

vil
02-03-2007, 02:58 AM
What a wonderfully creative and talented person you are Waheed! Your website is on my favourites list.

Asenath
02-03-2007, 04:57 AM
Bold colours and shadows, I especially like the glass though.

kiran
02-04-2007, 02:12 AM
.beautiful...waheed
.....kiran

hanzz
02-04-2007, 05:37 AM
Another waheed classic .
I adore bonsai,and paintings, so this is a perfect match !

extremely good.

speggie
02-05-2007, 12:57 PM
waheed.....another top notch piccie matey .......love the textured glass great effect ..............

jvolkel
02-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Wahid - regarding your painting and music, I can only repeat what everyone else has already said and add a comment made by the late James Brown - - "GOOD GOD Y'ALL"

danbo
02-06-2007, 07:37 AM
I was waiting specialy for this painting.
It's art, it's really nice.

waheednasir
02-07-2007, 03:59 AM
many many thanks vil, Asenath, kiran, hanzz, speggie, jvolkel and danbo...:).
really really appreciate for all my heart, your visit and your submitting this fantastic feedback...im so happy...:).

thank u vil for browsing thru my site and for adding it to your favorites list...:).

im so sorry for delay in visiting. stuck with some projects. ill be here soon again to post my recent painting and to follow some interesting threads by other members...:).

good day everyone.

florida girl
02-07-2007, 05:09 AM
Dear Waheednasir,

Whether or not intended...
To me: Your Paintings are like a Welcomed Beacon of Light.
The symbolisms of Friendly Daisies, Fertile Wheat and Bonsai, A tree of Great Value, Honor & Importance...cultivated over time, through pruning, patience & skill.

In listening to Your music, The percussions remind me of the steady rhythm of a heartbeat, which like time, marches on, in the path of life, yet, but, lying in the background are hazey shadows of something not certain.

In other words, I like it! :D

Kind Regards,
Florida Girl 8)

reillyr
02-07-2007, 06:01 AM
Incredible detail and colors. I love the background's slow gradiant shift. The pot grabs my attention right away with the sheen it has. Amazing how you got the dents to look so 3d. Amazingly realistical!

waheednasir
02-07-2007, 06:46 AM
thanks a bunch, for admiring this so much...:).

florida girl, its so nice to see u here...:). thank u for your visit and for listening to my music aswell, im so glad u like both of my work. u examined my paintings and music with much detail and interest...thank u for making me smile and for your kind words.

reillyr...thank u so very much for your wonderful feedback...:). much appreciated.

good day.

Asenath
02-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Waheed, I just noticed you have a dA account but haven't used it for some time. Would be great to see your artwork there! Or at least an updated profile with a link to your website.

waheednasir
02-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Asenath, thats right...:). i do have it, but dont visit there much, thanks a lot, i might do that, update my profile and submit work at dA...:).

cheers.

pai
02-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Absolutely stunning! Good drawing skills.

waheednasir
02-14-2007, 07:55 AM
many thanks pai..:). im sorry for this delay in answering.