PDA

View Full Version : Water is life

silvy
06-29-2012, 05:02 AM
Done with thinned oil and knife from a photo of Save the Children's calendar.
Thanks for looking.
Hope you like it;)

Vladislav
06-29-2012, 05:15 AM
Water, ple-e-ase! :o

D Akey
06-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Very direct and clear in intention. It's a good message.

Keeping the palette simplified allows the painter to simply focus on the forms. It's pretty good overall. I think if you made the noses a little clearer, it would help. I'm not saying to feature them with lots of detail, but rather to keep it similar to the handling of the rest of the head, just a little more specific to describing the nose form. I would have to see the original you are painting from to know specifically. But that's a general thought based on looking at this.

But, overall a very good painting that shows your generous heart very clearly, Silvy. Very nice work.

semd74
06-29-2012, 07:31 AM
I like this one a lot...very well done Silvy :-)

limey-g
06-29-2012, 08:03 AM
I like this the limited palette seems to work really well.
Geoff

L Skylar Brown
06-29-2012, 12:18 PM
A very well done, Powerful image. (Tho green is a "soft" color)

GRSArts
06-30-2012, 04:46 AM
I like it. Great message.

Caesar
07-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Loud and clear message! Brava!

silvy
07-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Water, ple-e-ase! :o

Yes Vladislav, please don't waste water. Thanks for viewing:)

Very direct and clear in intention. It's a good message.

Keeping the palette simplified allows the painter to simply focus on the forms. It's pretty good overall. I think if you made the noses a little clearer, it would help. I'm not saying to feature them with lots of detail, but rather to keep it similar to the handling of the rest of the head, just a little more specific to describing the nose form. I would have to see the original you are painting from to know specifically. But that's a general thought based on looking at this.

But, overall a very good painting that shows your generous heart very clearly, Silvy. Very nice work.

Thanks dear D Akey:), the original is on little calendar and now I have not scanner for show it.
The problem is the excessive use white to create a wet look on the outlines....and lost details.

I like this one a lot...very well done Silvy :-)

Thank you very much Semd:)

I like this the limited palette seems to work really well.
Geoff

Many thanks Geoff:).

A very well done, Powerful image. (Tho green is a "soft" color)

Thank you kindly Skylar:)

I like it. Great message.

Grazie mille GRSArts:)

Loud and clear message! Brava!

Grazie Cesare:), in effetti un messaggio perfetto per questo periodo di 'calura'. Di acqua ne sprechiamo sempre tanta.

Alexandra
07-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Great work Silvy!

pat1940
07-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Silvy, this is so loud and clear of a message and it is heartfelt, good work my friend

hypotaxis
07-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Beautiful painting Silvy. It captures something special.

Brett

Tonyjazz
07-03-2012, 01:07 PM
I instantly get the message of 2 brothers gathering the rain. Colors add much to the emotion. Rejoicing H2o. Well done...............TJ

silvy
07-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Great work Silvy!

Many thanks dear Sandra!:)

Silvy, this is so loud and clear of a message and it is heartfelt, good work my friend

Thank you kindly dear Pat:)!

Beautiful painting Silvy. It captures something special.

Brett

Hi Brett:), you're very kind.

I instantly get the message of 2 brothers gathering the rain. Colors add much to the emotion. Rejoicing H2o. Well done...............TJ

Grazie Tony, your comments are much appreciated:)

RobertSWade
07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
A bit of a departure for you, Dear Silvy, and one that you have made to speak in a clear voice.

silvy
07-30-2012, 12:53 AM
A bit of a departure for you, Dear Silvy, and one that you have made to speak in a clear voice.

Thank you so much Robert:):):) , sorry for late answer:o