PDA

View Full Version : Hobbit Re-Quest!

Caesar
06-28-2012, 02:11 AM
I was very much impressed by the gorgeous work of Skylar Brown and wanted to go too back to the Lord of the Rings saga, but since his work was anattainably beautiful and I'm involved in caricatures right now ... here's my version of the story, just a miserable drawing of the same two characters I tried to exaggerate and still make them keep some likeness.
I hope You like it too while I try to go towards some sort of personal style with caricatures.

coops
06-28-2012, 07:40 AM
You are so good at these Cesare, well done :)

L Skylar Brown
06-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Absolutely Wonderful!!! I'm so pleased you liked my work enough to do your creative process with it. I laughed when I saw how well you had interpreted the characters. Keep up your excellent work!

JavaClutch
06-28-2012, 09:55 AM
It made me laugh; love it!

GRSArts
06-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Very well done!!

MSIE
06-28-2012, 12:37 PM
hilarious!!! :D

chinapete
06-28-2012, 02:38 PM
haha, Caesar, more than caricatures, they are characters! :):)

hypotaxis
06-28-2012, 02:54 PM
That's great Caesar. I really like the way you can capture characters. Very well done.

Brett

justjean
06-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the smile Caesar, they look great

Caesar
06-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Thank You all, dear friends. Actually I did it once again on one layer only and didn't economize on traits and lines, using only few and neat ones as caricatures and cartoons would require.
I therefore remained halfway, because I couldn't decide wheter to go towards an elaborated, realistic, full color vignette or trace on it a more comics-like version.
The fact is that I proceeded quickly to sketch it and stopped just after I added some better definition around the critical features I picked almost immediately by reviewing some pictures of them.
Anyway I may still go either or both direction from this.

Now:
thank you, dear Katie. You know this is a departure I have each now and then and many mates were victim of this attitude on mine.;)
Dear Skylar, from epic to comic, I apologize, but it's both a side effect of my recent vistit to MAD magazine and a defensive reaction to You marvel. Thank You for inspiring me!
Glad to know it didn't make You cry instead, dear JavaClutch!:DLOL You're so good at drawing. Thank You!
Thank You, dear GRSArts! There's plenty of room for improving stylewise, but the characters were decently captured at least.
A laugh a day takes the doctor away, dear MSIE! :D Thank You!
As a matter of fact I pushed more on expression than on features to make them seem alike enough, dear Chinapete. Thank You!
Thank you, dear Brett! among other You have to be also a little naughty to catch and turn personalities in a funny way ... eh,eh;)
Thank you, dear Jean! I hope I didn't spoil Your opinion on a handsome actor You possibly like ...:D

limey-g
06-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Nicely done Caesar, you are so good at these.
Geoff

barnburner
06-29-2012, 12:16 AM
Caesar, I think you've been going thru my family albums.... :D
Very well done. :) :) :)

pat1940
06-29-2012, 04:09 AM
These are not miserable drawings in my eyes dear Caesar, they are wonderful and you get better all the time

silvy
06-29-2012, 04:35 AM
:):):):)Bavissimo! Col Signore degli anelli credo troverai moltissime ispirazioni per le caricature.
Ho provato tanti anni fa a farne qualcuna....ho fatto il gruppo dei Queen, se trovo da qualche parte quello schizzo a matita lo scannerizzo.Congratulazioni caro Cesare!

Caesar
07-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Thank You, dear Geoff! I'm relieved that, this time, in this vignette, Your wife didn't find anyone looking like You!:D

Dear Barnburner, good to know that the cast of the Lord of the Rings movie was composed by Your relatives and some of them are quite charming indeed! Thank you!

Style to be improved comics-wise, dear Pat, I think. Anyway thank You very much!

Hai ragione, cara Silvia! Puņ essere un'idea! Non mancano certo i personaggi che possano ispirare nel film ...
Grazie! Trovato poi il tuo vecchio disegno?