PDA

View Full Version : Bridge at Sunrise

pat1940
06-27-2012, 04:41 AM
Done in oil and knife

silvy
06-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Wonderful sky and perspective of the bridge.
A lovely painting dear Pat.:)

limey-g
06-27-2012, 06:27 AM
Wow Pat i just do not know where you find the time to keep producing these fantastic paintings, that make me green with envy at your talent.
Geoff

semd74
06-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Amazing use of color and texture Pat!! Love the sky in this one my friend

gxhpainter2
06-27-2012, 07:57 AM
really nice Pat... I like the ivy on the bridge and the arches... a delightful sky. I really love it when you use rich colors like this and the Canyon River you did recently.:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

GRSArts
06-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Oh my gosh, what color!!! It's beautiful..

barnburner
06-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Amazing Pat! Superb use of color. :) :) :)

Caesar
06-27-2012, 08:16 PM
You're using very saturated colors recently, almost a reaction to Your starting delicate chromatism.
This seems to be leading You across painting history evolution from late XIX to XX mid century, thus You're getting expressionist, fauve and probably abstract as a style and genre pretty soon. Quite interesting indeed! It seems that Your confidence and energy are growing more and more in Your artpieces.

D Akey
06-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Red sky in the morning, painter take warning. . .

There are all kinds of theories about color and saturation. If one is going to paint with very saturated colors, and go for a realistic look, the painter needs to consider how the light is affecting the various places in the picture. I am okay with all of it except that green in the foreground. I think your grass greens in the middle ground across the river works with that sky color. In the foreground, the green is not under the same sky, not to my eye anyway.

The way you might want to look at every picture is what is the light source. And what is the color temperature. In this one it's overall mostly keyed to red and orange. There's some purple blues in the sky, but it's mostly about the warms in this one, and the purple blues serve to make the reds hotter.

That green in the foreground is too yellow green for this because most elements in a sky like this are tinted in that red orange direction. So you would neutralize your green by mixing some reds into it. Sure, there are greens that come out of a tube that could work like sap green probably would. But I'm giving you a rule of thumb to work with. It never hurts to imagine how light would interact with local colors and how it would strike objects and create shadows.

And if one is doing a color piece where they are not too concerned with it looking natural, like with Fauves paintings, then it's a simply matter of taste and how it works as an idea depicting perhaps psychological stuff.

But again, you took on a big challenge and probably have learned a lot in the process. Go Pat!

kenmo
06-28-2012, 01:54 AM
So very beautiful....

pat1940
06-28-2012, 02:52 AM
Thankyou all so much for your kind comments, I am so glad you like it
DAkey thanks again for your input, I have learned another lesson here, how great is that

chinapete
06-28-2012, 02:23 PM
... fiery! :) ...

pat1940
06-29-2012, 02:12 AM
Thankyou Ken for taking a peek, appreciate it a lot
chinapete, thankyou as always