PDA

View Full Version : Big Game at Euro 2012

Caesar
06-26-2012, 02:54 AM
So let's all sing together:

In the jungle,
the mighty jungle
the lions sleep tonight ...

Here's Mr. Hodgson, the England team coach and reasonably fluent in Italian (language :D). He and his team bravely succeeded, with some luck, to avoid the knock-out up to the penalties shoot-off, but he's a jolly good fellow, a fair gentleman and certainly deserves, with all his players and the English supporters, an applause and the military honors.:)

Did it quickly this afternoon to celebrate a big match and our victory. Next it will be Germany, one of the two most favoured winners whcih should be stronger than us, but with Germany we have a particularly favourable history of victories even when we were supposed to lose and even against the fantastic Spain of these last years we showed to be able to cope with everytime, so, with due respect to other teams, I'm still hopeful enough.
Considering then also our Portuguese and Spanish cousins, latin countries soccer ended with three to one semi-finalist this far, not bad at all.

Alexandra
06-26-2012, 03:05 AM
Great work Cesare!

GRSArts
06-26-2012, 03:58 AM
Ha-Ha, so how do you really feel about him? Great drawing!!!

coops
06-26-2012, 06:30 AM
Great sketch Cesare although I didnt watch the game itself but the result ohhhhhhhhhhhhh dear me:(

semd74
06-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Great sketch...you are getting really good at these

pat1940
06-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi Caesar, great sketch and you do deserve bragging rights lol;):D:D

Caesar
06-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Thank You, dear Sandra, GRSArts, Katie, Steve and Pat.
Actually our national soccer team is usually underestimated on supposed rational ground (a simplistic one generally), but still we won four world championships (only Brazil did better) and lost two finals both against Brazil, one after a terrificly long and spoiling match against Germany won 4-3 in 120 min and another one at penalties shoot-off. We won European championship once and lost one final against France. We either go up to the finals and show surprising results against often wrongly calculated odds (or end prematurely), apart for the incredible Mr. Moreno referee (arrested as a criminal, drug carrier later on) impacting us, Spain (and Turkey I'd say) in the scandalous Korea-Japan world championship eventually won by Brazil. So I like to think that we may always be surprising, in soccer and all the rest, also in the future.

limey-g
06-26-2012, 10:46 PM
HaHa, I like it Caesar, your character is really good, the Italian communities in our cities over here are going crazy with flags everywhere on their cars etc.
Good luck in the next round.
Geoff

Caesar
06-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Thank You, dear Geoff!
Germany is an impressive team once again and it showed to have almost no weak point. Nonetheless Italy may delude sometimes, but also be surprising beyond any belief (with its unique mix of very different talents), that we'll wait to see if we can go on confirming once more German curse to be often enough among the most favoured teams and still the beaten by us when we get to final matches and You play for win or leave ... Maybe it's not a mere case, possibly under huge pressures we tend to discover we're smart, technically capable, brilliant, cooperative, brave and determined more than we normally showed so as to reverse adverse opinions, prejudices, expectations and chances.
In such a case England may possibly feel better about their actual performance and value, even if there would still be one more match to achieve and rejoice.

alien23
06-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Haha. don't rub it in. WE were terrible.
Good luck with Germany you should win that one, but Spain will be hard!

D Akey
06-27-2012, 04:28 AM
Very good expression of chagrin. ;)

I don't know all the stories behind the team, except from what you folks have been saying. But I dare say I know the whole story from this drawing.

Great attitude, although the donkey's tail is a tell-tale (tail). ;)

The line work is good and descriptive. You may want to consider a little more economy. But that will sort itself out as you develop your personal style. It's presently looking great though. Continuing your ascension. So Bravo! on these last several drawings. I think you found your niche. :):):)

silvy
06-27-2012, 05:12 AM
Non mi piace il calcio, ma comunque è una bellissima caricatura:):)
Sempre più bravo!

Caesar
06-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Thank You, dear Alien. Sincerely I'm still a little worried about or attacker actual scoring once they get the opportunity, but maybe it will get better. Spain is probably the hardest (Portugal should not be underestimated at all though, insofar Cristiano Ronaldo plays at his top levels), but we've been able to tie Spain recently, so ...

Thank you, dear D Akey. You're absolutely right on sparing. I started using few lines and should have stopped then, but I went on giving more volume with slimmer pen traits to better suggest volume. I then stop and went on with airbrush not to overwork it, but it was a little late alas ...
The soccer competions story is pretty simple and it's just that Germany always had bad news from matches against Italy this far and look once again for avenging a long past of crucial lost ones.
P.S. Mr. Hodgson's tail is a lion tail and actually the Three Lions were the (hopefully first out of three) Big Game for our team.

Grazie cara Silvia. Alla fin fine il calcio è comunque un'ottima riserva di caccia per trovare anche personaggi singolari e osservare il dispiegarsi di emozioni forti. E' uno spettacolo-psico-dramma su uno sport-gioco, in fondo semplice e non di rado divertente, ed in cui le sorprese sono più frequenti e imponderabili di altri sport. Quindi mi "ci sporco" in TV nei momenti topici, della nazionale, della Juve o delle grandi Europee (senza dare un euro a Sky o altri a pagamento però). Questo nonostante il calcio sia diventato, come e più di tutto il resto, un mondo in gran misura veramente deprecabile.

kenmo
06-28-2012, 01:57 AM
LOL...love it....

Caesar
06-28-2012, 02:22 AM
Thank You, dear Kenmo. So far so good. I wouldn't like to have Cesare Prandelli with a black eye next though ... :D

limey-g
06-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Well congratulations on your teams success, onwards to the final.
Geoff

Caesar
06-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Thank You, dear Geoff. As I expected and wrote, Germany was doomed against us and it happened as usual. Rather than playing the boors and make fun with their prejudices they should start wondering because it's probably not a case. Maybe our German mates will start considering better other ones talents and finally learn some sport lesson and maybe some more wisdom and flexibility. Now, after Berlin's bear, vamos torear y matar el toro de Espana.

limey-g
07-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Well guys I guess Caesar will be wearing a black armband tomorrow due to the loss by his team..
Geoff

Caesar
07-02-2012, 07:01 PM
We must all recognize again Spain team is quite evidently the strongest in the world since four years at least and with an unadequate recovery and physical condition, as that shown yesterday, Italy had absolutely no hope.
Probably we would have made a better figure and show less gap, even probably losing the same, by using some of the players who never played so far since the start,(such as Nocerino, Ogbonna, Giovinco, the Atomic Ant) or Giaccherini. Certainly we shouldn't have used Chiellini (with recent muscular problems), Motta and Cassano and probably not even Montolivo who were the most boiled among them all. You cannot play against Spain without stamina, with breaking muscle and then even in 10 for most of the second half. Chiellini should have not entered at all in those conditions leading to an early goal and unbalance.
Anyway we made better than expected in the Tournament, deserved the final, with Spain we'll take part to the elitarian tournament in South America and, since, as I anticipated, there's no reasonable doubt Spain has been and still is a level above all the other teams in the world, honor and congratulations to our Latin cousins of La Roja!
There will be some more time now for us too to complete our hurriedly team setting up and maybe see them in the next crucial final match ....;)