PDA

View Full Version : Queen Lily

Alexandra
06-26-2012, 02:48 AM
Be careful when pulling or cutting flowers....may just be a sprite named Queen Lily.;)

Something for the kids, and kids at heart. I hope you enjoy.

I've been painting and working on the exterior of our home and haven't had a lot of time to post. Best wishes to everyone.

Caesar
06-26-2012, 03:29 AM
What a nice, lovely sprite with a glowing pair of big eyes showing an attracting squint of Venus ...:D

coops
06-26-2012, 06:24 AM
I will remember that when I am in the garden Sandy but she is a cutie lol:)

semd74
06-26-2012, 06:57 AM
Beautiful work Sandy !!

pat1940
06-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Sandy, as always this is a darling of a painting, adore it

Alexandra
06-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Cesare, Katie, Steve, and Pat, Thank you all for your kind replies. I really appreciate them.~X~

D Akey
06-28-2012, 08:24 AM
She's one I wouldn't want to mess with. . . not with them snake eyes. . . oooohhh. . . I'll be sure to step over the daisies and tiptoe through the freakin' tulips. . . YIKES!

I wonder if she's seein' someone. . . would you think she'd be interested in this Green Guy I saw lurking about in the thicket. . . Put them two together and everything will be coming up roses. . .

It's a nice job you did. She could be the hostess from the show that never never was: Extreme Childhood Makeover

Nice to see the troll dolls still getting work, probably losing a bit of weight didn't hurt. . . :-)

Bet you see her a lot outside when you're fixing the place up.

chinapete
06-28-2012, 02:12 PM
... just checking that Queen Lily is still there ... and hasn't been hiding in the garden watching me ... being pierced to death tending to the Darby roses :) ...

limey-g
06-28-2012, 11:16 PM
This is so cute Alexandra, you have such great imagination.
Geoff

barnburner
06-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Very nicely done Sandy. :) :) :)

L Skylar Brown
06-29-2012, 12:23 PM
She is Marvelous! I see a story with her...

Alexandra
07-01-2012, 05:05 AM
Good grief D Akey- you sound as if you are afraid of this little nibbler. She is resilient though, and if you should try to pull her out or step on her-you might suffer a tiny sting and that is all. You can only see her after a spring rain and a rainbow, or maybe a strong ale. Don't confuse her with the little trolls...entirely different beings from the sprites. Trolls can be quite nasty leaving the gardener or traveler with sea sickness or lack of direction. The sprite can only erase your memory and lock you away where time is still forever-that is only if she loves you a lot and wants to keep you to herself. Anyway; most of the time she is a friend and brings luck to whomever loves flowers and believes in fairies. Just don't let the neighbors see you tip toeing out in the yard. There would be talk I am sure.

Haha ChinaPete, She may fly away from the thorny variety of rose sprites. They are a bit testy to the lily sprites. Seems that the lilies are sensitive to touch and a little on the shy side. The roses are very outgoing, but only with their kind. If they like the gardener, they will emit a strong fragrance to entice the admirer to stay longer. Just be aware of all of this and you will be okay. Wouldn't want you to be hoisted away for a while coming back years later trying to explain the calluses on your feet where you'd been dancing the jig with the fairies for a hundred years.

Thank you dear Geoff. I do love to write stories for children.

Thank you Mike, you are a dear friend and I appreciate all of your kind words.

Thanks dear Skylar. I am entering a new phase in my life now, and I am considering taking time in the mornings to write. Even if it is just for myself, it is such fun.