PDA

View Full Version : Painted Hills

gxhpainter2
06-24-2012, 11:27 AM
forgot I had not posted this...named after an area in Oregon near my home..

Chaseart
06-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Nice thick bold colorful style.

hypotaxis
06-24-2012, 11:43 AM
I like that. I like the colours and there is a great sense of motion to it, Wind maybe.

Brett

kenmo
06-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Always a pleasure to view your art...

screenpainter
06-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Your title fits perfectly with the painting. it's quite beautiful. the color palette is fantastic. love the woman's head in repose. accidental? it's great. kind of Klimt thing going on there.

Marilyn Anne
06-24-2012, 10:48 PM
It must be amazing to watch you create. You get so many different effects. Very nice!

gxhpainter2
06-25-2012, 05:17 AM
Nice thick bold colorful style. thanks..on occasion I like to get into bold patterns and colors

I like that. I like the colours and there is a great sense of motion to it, Wind maybe.

Brett Thanks Brett.. the painted hills are windswept and bits of weeds and sagebrush are always zipping on the in the air and on the ground...

Always a pleasure to view your art... Kenmo..hey friend so good to hear form you again:D:D

Your title fits perfectly with the painting. it's quite beautiful. the color palette is fantastic. love the woman's head in repose. accidental? it's great. kind of Klimt thing going on there. Hey Albert been awhile since you have stopped by. I see the woman in repose but that is a happy accident.. glad you like the color palette a bit different for me. I liked the rich reds and creams so when I was composing the framing area I decided to go very light and pale which lets the colors of the painting seem even richer.. I think it worked well ..

It must be amazing to watch you create. You get so many different effects. Very nice! yes I do lots of layers and layer merges, transforms, blending modes etc and over the years I have gotten to the point they are second nature and I barely think about I just compose and react to the current image... much the same way I used to paint with watercolors and acrylics..

D Akey
06-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Similar to the other one, this looks like it would be most welcome in a well decorated interior space.

Caesar
06-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Here it seems possible to see hills and a river, a more landscapy abstract. Colors are quite bold and the lines suggest that a lot of this place is outside the frame too ...

pat1940
06-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Like the motion in this Gary, also the colors are so earthy which I love, as always enjoy viewing

gxhpainter2
06-26-2012, 08:18 AM
thanks..on occasion I like to get into bold patterns and colors

Thanks Brett.. the painted hills are windswept and bits of weeds and sagebrush are always zipping on the in the air and on the ground...

Kenmo..hey friend so good to hear form you again:D:D

Hey Albert been awhile since you have stopped by. I see the woman in repose but that is a happy accident.. glad you like the color palette a bit different for me. I liked the rich reds and creams so when I was composing the framing area I decided to go very light and pale which lets the colors of the painting seem even richer.. I think it worked well ..

yes I do lots of layers and layer merges, transforms, blending modes etc and over the years I have gotten to the point they are second nature and I barely think about I just compose and react to the current image... much the same way I used to paint with watercolors and acrylics..

Similar to the other one, this looks like it would be most welcome in a well decorated interior space.
Thanks D Akey...now I just need to find that interior space ;);)

Here it seems possible to see hills and a river, a more landscapy abstract. Colors are quite bold and the lines suggest that a lot of this place is outside the frame too ... Thanks my Friend and congrats on Italy's win over England...:cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
06-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Like the motion in this Gary, also the colors are so earthy which I love, as always enjoy viewing Thanks Pat so glad you like the colors and movement here...:cool::cool::D

D Akey
06-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Which leads to an interesting notion. I would perhaps recommend that you find some interiors, much like done in MOARA, but for yourself, and strip in copies of your paintings to see about suitability in context, if such a thing appeals to you. And you thought putting frames onto your pictures would make them look good. . . wait till you see it in a room.

Sing out now:

"Oooooohhhhhh. . . In my town there's a house, in the house there's a room, in a room there's a wall, on the wall there's a frame, in the frame there's a picture in a frame of a wall in a room in the house. . . "

jibes
06-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Great one Gary! Love all your paintings!!!

semd74
06-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Excellent !!

gxhpainter2
06-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Which leads to an interesting notion. I would perhaps recommend that you find some interiors, much like done in MOARA, but for yourself, and strip in copies of your paintings to see about suitability in context, if such a thing appeals to you. And you thought putting frames onto your pictures would make them look good. . . wait till you see it in a room.

Sing out now:

"Oooooohhhhhh. . . In my town there's a house, in the house there's a room, in a room there's a wall, on the wall there's a frame, in the frame there's a picture in a frame of a wall in a room in the house. . . " That is a very good Idea... I will have to pursue that...I can PhotoShop in my paintings in a digital form of Architectural Digest......:cool::cool:;););););)

Great one Gary! Love all your paintings!!! Neal thanks my friend...:):):):)

Excellent !! Steve... thanks for commenting... always nice to have you stop by..:):):):):)

silvy
06-27-2012, 05:30 AM
Very good work:):)
I like the texture and the colors. Interesting outline of the hills....there is much more than it appears;)

barnburner
06-27-2012, 12:28 PM
I like it Gary. Fine job. :) :) :)

limey-g
06-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Nicely done, the motion and colours in this one reminds me of a breezy fall day.
Geoff

MSIE
06-28-2012, 12:58 PM
reds and creams and little bits of blue ~ I think this is beautiful :)

chinapete
06-28-2012, 01:55 PM
... gary, catching up ... the double sense of "painted hills" also adds dimension ... the painting leans to the left, reads best from right to left ... maybe there is a bit of mirror-imaging going on? ...

Albert
06-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Nice thick bold colorful style.

iceaxe
07-28-2012, 10:32 AM
I like the spartaness to this, helps one savor the subtle beauty that is there!
More More More!
One
of
my
favorites...

gxhpainter2
07-29-2012, 03:14 AM
I like it Gary. Fine job. :) :) :) Mike thanks for commenting glad you like this one.

Nicely done, the motion and colours in this one reminds me of a breezy fall day.
Geoff Geoff..great interpretation...

reds and creams and little bits of blue ~ I think this is beautiful :) Anj...glad you like these colors they seem to work really well atleast here.

... gary, catching up ... the double sense of "painted hills" also adds dimension ... the painting leans to the left, reads best from right to left ... maybe there is a bit of mirror-imaging going on? ... Pete I think I flipped the painting horizontally after I first did it...and liked that read a little better.. not sure why exactly..

I like the spartaness to this, helps one savor the subtle beauty that is there!
More More More!
One
of
my
favorites... Iceaxe glad you like this it reminds me a bit of your Slow Moon Rising painting... which I dearly love..:cool::cool::cool:

Alexandra
07-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Another extremely attractive piece Gary!!!!

gxhpainter2
07-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Another extremely attractive piece Gary!!!! thanks dear friend...:)