PDA

View Full Version : Magic Squares

gxhpainter2
06-24-2012, 06:50 AM
a color and texture composition that utilizes simple squares and rectangles

chinapete
06-24-2012, 07:53 AM
gary, there's a lot going on in these squares, and the theme fits well with a frame :):)

pat1940
06-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Hi Gary, I like this a lot, and I always am impressed with your textures, nice job

Marilyn Anne
06-24-2012, 10:55 PM
This so reminds me of creative quilting. I see patterns and great "Stichery". Maybe not in your mind but it feels like that to me.

limey-g
06-25-2012, 12:38 AM
I like this one a lot, love the colours and textures.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
06-25-2012, 05:06 AM
gary, there's a lot going on in these squares, and the theme fits well with a frame :):)

Thanks Pete.. this was an experiment in taking a simple form and moving it into a more complex organization..glad you liked it.

gxhpainter2
06-25-2012, 05:09 AM
This so reminds me of creative quilting. I see patterns and great "Stichery". Maybe not in your mind but it feels like that to me....I can see that .. the area I live in has a lot of creative quilters and I am amazed the the beauty and color and complexity they achieve..

Hi Gary, I like this a lot, and I always am impressed with your textures, nice job Thanks my friend glad you like the different textural effects in my works.

Thanks Pete.. this was an experiment in taking a simple form and moving it into a more complex organization..glad you liked it.

D Akey
06-25-2012, 11:36 AM
This would make very sophisticated wall decoration. Interior decorators would love it as an accent.

Caesar
06-25-2012, 08:40 PM
A wonderful, balanced, quiet show of elegance and rationality. You made me think also to the possibility to paint, as magic squares, compositions of squares with sides measuring according to some Pitagorical triplets of natural numbers , such as 3,4,5 ... so as not to fall into irrational .... numbers I mean. :D

iceaxe
07-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Like the interplay between orderliness and freedom in this work. Very feeling friendly!

gxhpainter2
07-29-2012, 03:08 AM
This would make very sophisticated wall decoration. Interior decorators would love it as an accent. gosh if iceaxe had not gone over a bunch of my recent work I would have missed this..:o..thanks for your comment...it was a variation on my Mondrian theme of working squares and rectangles..and compositing.

A wonderful, balanced, quiet show of elegance and rationality. You made me think also to the possibility to paint, as magic squares, compositions of squares with sides measuring according to some Pitagorical triplets of natural numbers , such as 3,4,5 ... so as not to fall into irrational .... numbers I mean. :D Caesar that would be an interesting experiment...

Like the interplay between orderliness and freedom in this work. Very feeling friendly! thanks that was the order of the day for this little work.:cool:

Alexandra
07-29-2012, 11:20 PM
I need an emoticon here! Love love love love love

silvy
07-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Love the colors and textures:)

gxhpainter2
07-30-2012, 02:27 AM
I need an emoticon here! Love love love love love LOL thanks Sandy so please you "Love love love love love" it.:):)

Love the colors and textures:) thanks silvy you happy you love these colors and texture