PDA

View Full Version : Album leaf: Day Lily

chinapete
06-23-2012, 02:04 PM
... Auryn Inks for paper texture, AR oil brush, w/c and chalk on iPhone and iPad ...

gxhpainter2
06-24-2012, 05:44 AM
CP - WOW a fantastic composition and the colors while in the natural realm are rich and evocative of the subject... this is one of my favorites!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::coo l::cool::cool:

chinapete
06-25-2012, 12:56 AM
gary, thanks!

... adding a rain-drenched pansy ...

gxhpainter2
06-25-2012, 02:26 AM
beautiful composition and color.. I especially like the transparency and fluidity of these works as I know they are not easily done.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
06-25-2012, 08:00 PM
You certainly captured the colors, delicate texture and transparencies of petals here in a very discreet daylight.

Alexandra
06-26-2012, 02:57 AM
And here I was thinking of a Lily too dear ChinaPete. Mine not as lovely though. Beautiful brush strokes, texture, and calming palette.

D Akey
06-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Really quite nice, CP. . .

I think the second vertical one is out of this world. Minimalism is fine, but this one has something that inspires me because the minimal information just sort of nails it. Perfect balance, the use of bleed in the color is really effective.

I particularly like how you are seemingly starting out with a transparent ink being so dense it's black, but when bleeding out it takes on the original color. Puts me in mind of the essence of the life force differentiating into the myriad forms it takes in the world upon birth. Life blood, or sap, etc. sort of association. . .

Very nice look, even without the mentalizing on my part.

Rowena
06-27-2012, 10:12 AM
I like both of them - lovely ink washed feel.
BTW, what is 'Auryn inks for Paper texture' - is this a collection of paper grains?

chinapete
06-27-2012, 01:55 PM
... thanks to all for the very kind comments, I'm encouraged to post another study, this one is of the garden from a certain angle ... Agree with D Akey on minimalism, in theory much is left out, but must add that in execution, much more is done than actually meets the eye ...

... oh, by "Auryn inks for paper texture," I mean that sometimes I import the resident paper offered by the Auryn Inks painting program, I happen to like the grain ... I've found that paintings done in Auryn are extremely pixelated, and in my experience the program offers no advantages over the basic AR tools ...

pat1940
06-28-2012, 02:47 AM
I really love these chinapete, everything about them, colors, textures and composition, all so wonderful

Caesar
06-28-2012, 02:54 AM
I have to say that, especially this last one, gives me the impression to be observing something on the microscope where I can see cells, spores etc. (as I did as a boy), but I still have to find the right focus.
It's pretty evocative and gives me a sort of thrilling feeling.

chinapete
06-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Thank you, pat! And Caesar, forse sono uno scienziato manqué? :)