PDA

View Full Version : I Sing For You

Alexandra
06-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Another doodle while on the phone. I wanted to make something bright and cheerful. My Dad is in poor health, and our family is going through a lot right now. As some of you know...it is never easy and there is so much stress. I was fortunate enough to be able to have a nice talk with my Dad while he was able to understand and say a few things that I wanted to say. He is not one of those people who likes to get "deep" or mushy as most would describe it. You say what you mean and mean what you say. Get on with it type of man. So thankfully, I was able to talk to him.
So this one is for my Dad, a bird lover too.

coops
06-17-2012, 02:11 AM
So bright, so cheerful and full of love, my thoughts are with you and your dad Sandy for a dad is a precious person and I really miss mine. :)

GRSArts
06-17-2012, 02:21 AM
Wow, I love it. It really does sing.

gxhpainter2
06-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Sandy...a sweet and beautiful work... really it is pretty amazing the colors and design.. so glad you were able to talk with your father atleast this one time about something deeper that the weather.. my dad was the same way . I don't know why that generation is that way but we love them just the same don't we.

barnburner
06-17-2012, 04:01 AM
Sandy, very well done. Best wishes to your dad, you, and your family. Hang in there! :) :) :)

silvy
06-17-2012, 04:04 AM
Very nice Sandra!:)

pat1940
06-17-2012, 06:30 AM
Sandy dear, this is beautiful, I got goosebumps reading your post, I wish that I could do something to help you, will have you and your family in my heart

Alexandra
06-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Katie, GRSArts, Gary, Mike, Silvy and Pat: Thanks so much dear friends. I appreciate your kind comments and wonderful support.

semd74
06-17-2012, 08:23 AM
A very good painting!! I will be thinking of you and your family during this stressful time that you are going through. I lost my dad several years ago and I know how hard it is. Hang in there my friend :-)

dcahall
06-17-2012, 08:31 AM
First of all, this is beautiful. I have not been able to anything at all on my iPhone that I would even dream of showing anyone. I find it very difficult to control what is going on on the device.

Secondly, I can fully appreciate what you are going through. I just went throug this with my father-in-law who we lost in December (right before Christmas). Use your obvious talent as an artist to releave the stress.

Peter Pinckney
06-17-2012, 09:29 AM
A very good painting!! I will be thinking of you and your family during this stressful time that you are going through. I lost my dad several years ago and I know how hard it is. Hang in there my friend :-)

Me too and I will always both remember and miss him............the best thoughts I have go to your Dad and you Sandy.

hypotaxis
06-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Beautiful painting Alexandra.

I know us older ones, I am in my seventies, struggle to talk about our feelings, it's just the way we are. We feel deeply just the same and it is wonderful to have our children tell us they love us, even if we sometimes struggle to say it back.

Take care

Brett

Alexandra
06-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Thank you Steve. I appreciate that. ~O~ (hug)

dcahall, thank you very much. Artrage is such a wonderful software, it brings me so much relaxation and fun. It does indeed help with worry and stress.
About your work, have you checked into a stylus? I think SuzieQ has a thread in the chat area about it.
I don't know too much about the iphone-I am one of the last folks out there with a plain cell phone and mac computer. When these two go we will buy an iPad and iPhone I am sure. I love apple products.

Thank you very much dear Peter. I thought about you when this started with Dad. I think our father's are from the same generation and have seen similar times. God bless them, the things they have been through.~O~

Thank you Brett, I appreciate your kind comment, and support. I wish really I were more like Dad. I am too open.:P

D Akey
06-17-2012, 06:10 PM
This is such a cheery image. I love it. Really exuberant.

Alexandra
06-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Thanks so much D Akey!

fraser_paice
06-18-2012, 01:47 AM
Hey gal...

jibes
06-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Sandy, a beautiful Father's day gift!

Alexandra
06-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Hi Neil, how's it all going? Send my hello to Sue too.

Thanks Neal, and if you are a Dad, hope your day is a great one!

MSIE
06-18-2012, 10:16 AM
how beautiful! great composition and colours :)
thanks for sharing the story behind your "doodle". best wishes!

Caesar
06-18-2012, 08:26 PM
A fantasy tale in painting!:cool:

Alexandra
06-18-2012, 11:03 PM
MSIE, Thank you for your thoughtful comment!

Thanks Cesare!